Jamie ~7

Just a slip of the tongue

Last night we all enjoyed a nice meal that my mother had me use my powers to make and sat around an talked until it was time for Lilly to leave. My mother made sure she left with a threatening reminder about how she and the others better stay with us.

It's Friday today so unless I'm busy after school me and my mom would be going out together and we would just either go to Heaven so I can learn some flying techniques or stay on Earth for fighting skills. But if we can't do it today we can always do it tomorrow.

I was in my last class now, my day had went by as usual with Zoey being all friendly and happy, sitting with me at lunch and in all our classes that we have together. Which is three out of four today.

Ding!!!

Ahh there's the bell. I grab all my stuff that was already packed so I just waited a second so all the students got out the door then I followed behind with Zoey on my trail.

"Hey, Jamie do have your notebook for geography?" She asks I give her a small grunt.

"Good cause I need to look over them with you I'm not that good at it," she shrugs.

"Why would I let you do that?" I give her a side glance as we walk through the crowed hallway with teenagers either running and bumping into others, at their lockers talking with friends or making out with their significant other.

"You don't remember," she pouted a little. "You said we could go to Starbucks again, today after school," I stopped and looked at her when I see she looked extremely sad.

"Zo, I'm sorry I didn't mean to forget we can go now," I said frantically put in a soothing matter.

"Great," she perks up making me think about how amazing an actress she is.

"You little devil, what the hell was that," she gave me a questioning look.

"I don't know what you mean?" She tries to act innocent.

I scoff making students close to look at me probably since they haven't even heard me talk to my teachers like this yet I'm doing it so amazingly with the new girl. "Yeah sure whatever you have to tell yourself but I'm not going to fall for that again now that I now what you can do," I say as we walk out the building and to my car.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself," she said mocking and copying me in a low pitch voice.

Narrowing my eyes at her I say. "I don't sound like that," I open the car door for her after unlocking the door.

"Sure, whatever you say," she has a cocky smile on her face. I chuckle then get into my own seat.

Once we got into Starbucks the same thing happened all over again with the guy but much worse like he gave her a napkin with his number on it an told her to use it anytime before we walked back to our seats. She did use it but didn't see the number so now if someone ever goes through the trash they have his number I hope they try to call him.

"So when was this discovered?" We were going over questions for a test we have next week. She wanted me to quiz her.

"170 B.C.E.?" She said with a questioning look.

"No, 1964," I sigh. I swear she isn't even listening to me.

"Oh well Put it in the learn again later pile," we had also made two piles. One was of things she knew on the spot the others were things she needs to look over again. Let me say this there is hardly anything in the 'I know' pile. It's all mainly in the 'I don't know pile'.