Zoey~13

Rusty Antiques

When I got home that night I was very lucky because Mr. Oxford was to tired to really hurt me so I was able to make it to my room and shower before I went to bed last night.

It's now Sunday morning and being that Mr. Oxford doesn't work on Sundays he will be home and probably getting drunk but instead, he came into my room told me he will be going on an important business trip so I'll stay here and keep the house clean then said bye and left.

I'm not complaining but I'm just wondering why he just left like that he would never, but I'm not one who's going to poop on a blessing so I decided to get some running in before I head over to Jamie's house don't want to pop over to early.

So I got into a running outfit and while I was doing that I decided that I could go to the mall and get Jamie a get well soon gift and I had the most perfect idea from after being in his room I realized he likes cool antiques so I knew exactly what I could get him.

There's an antique place in the town square that I remember passing by on my way to the bank yesterday. So I put on black leggings instead of shorts and a blue, loose crop top. Then got a good amount of cash from the vent in my room. Great place to hide all the cash I'm "borrowing" from him.

As soon as I was ready I started walking but when I was getting closer to town I started running and jogging pacing myself allowing the wind to pass over my face letting my short hair fall behind me.

As I got closer to town I started seeing more people walking on the sidewalks and more cars driving around. The antique store is across the street it's named Rusty's Antiques. A cute name I thought as I crossed the street to the store. From outside the store had flower boxes on its windows and through the window, you could see all the cool looking antiques so walked in and the sound of the bell chiming from the door alerted someone that I've entered.

The person I alerted was an older man who looked very gentle he was very aged as he had almost no hair on his head but his beard was fluffy and white. "Why hello welcome to Rusty's Antiques, is there something specific I can help you look for today?" He asked from behind a glass counter that contained small antiques that included watches and beautiful jewelry.

"Well I'm looking for something antique, but something a seventeen years old boy would like," I walk up to the counter passing shelves full of pretty rusty but cool antiques.

"Ah, a boyfriend who enjoys the joys of older items I presume?" He raises his thick white eyebrow at me.

"Well no he is just a friend, well my only friend I'm still kinda new here I arrived about a week ago from now," I shrug.

"Well, that explains why I have no idea who you are," my confused face made him continue. "I've been in this quiet town all my life and have seen people come and go but not much of that happens here," he gives a small smile.

"So you might know who I'm talking about cause I've seen his room and he definitely has a good amount of antiques," I say.

"Well give it a shot," he rests his arms on the counter.

"Jamie Foster," I said hopefully.

"Jamie oh well your in for a treat trying to find something he doesn't have or likes but I guess any little gift from a beautiful young lady he will gladly accept," even though that made me feel horrible and good at the same time I guess I could get him something small.

"Is there anything Jamie has looked at but wasn't able to get or thought he didn't need?" I asked making him think hard while looking around.

"Ah-ha yes there is actually, come," he motions me over to the display cases, he then opens it and pulls out a watch. An old black pocket watch with designs all around it then in the middle is the tiniest of gold with two white hands like from a clock. "It's a pocket watch Jamie never got it because he thought how he wouldn't use it and it would just sit and collect dust," Rusty chuckled.