Jamie ~3

Not that demon

"Well tea it is, let's go to Starbucks," is it possible to be more excited than excited. Cause that's how she was acting.

"I'll drive, an I can bring you back to your car afterwords if you want," I look at her while we walk towards my white with black accents Jeep.

"Oh no you don't have to I don't even have a car," she waves me off. I unlock the doors an open the passenger side door for her.
"Well aren't you a gentleman," she smile and gets into the car. I shrug walk around the car to the drivers seat.

I crank the car an the radio turn on letting my favorite artist play on. Zoey gasps, I look over at her to she what's wrong. "This is my favorite song, an my favorite artist," she squeals.

"Really you like these songs, they don't seem depressing to you?" I ask while driving off the schools premises.

"No, not at all I think he is tell a message with all his songs, Witt Lowery is like an inspiration for others I also like Logic," she exclaims.

"I love his songs to, and you are so correct with that his messages speak to those who are troubled or have demons and make them not feel like their alone. It like he is speaking to you," she looks at me as I look straight ahead at the road.

"Wow that was..deep," she said seriously until she started chuckling. I also cracked a smile. "Is that a smile I see on Mr. Darkness."

"I don't know, maybe," I say and park the car in front of Starbucks.

"Well let's go," I say turning off the car an then run around the car to open her door before she could.

"Why does this feel like a date when I'm the one who invited you," I shrug.

"I guess your not used to good looking guys holding doors for you," I hold the door to Starbucks open for her.

"Nope I don't think that's it," she taps her chin an looks like she is thinking about it.

"Whatever," I say then walk to the front counter where a guy is looking bored cause it wasn't as pack as usual.

"Hello welcome to Starbucks what can I get for you?" He looks more alive once he sees Zoey standing beside me.

"I want a herbal tea with lemon slices," I say he nods an places it in.

"And what can I do for the beauty with the dark hair," I can't believe this guy is flirting with her an not only that but he is terrible at it.

"I would like a iced vanilla latte with two pumps of caramel," she smiles at him.

"Of course is there anything else I can do for you?" He says making me scoff out loud.

Zoey turn to me an gives me a confused look but the cashier didn't catch it. "No thank you that's all," I take out my card an hand it to the guy when I see she is taking her wallet out.

He hands me my card back to me before Zoey looks back up. "How much is it?"

"None anymore he just paid," he smiles. Zoey turns to me with a pout an I walk away towards a table.

"Can I get your names for the order?" The guy asks her.

"Zoey for the Latte and Jamie for the tea," he nods an hands her some napkins.

Zoey comes back to the table with a frown an places the napkins on the table without looking at them an puts all of her attention on me. "Okay, no more being nice I asked you to come with me so that meant I get to pay, okay?" She gets her rules straight.