Chapter 1

War was coming to D'Qar. More specifically it was coming for Leia and her Resistance. Supplies, fuel, and soldiers were boarding escape shuttles to mostly the Raddus, but some were heading for the medical frigate Anodyne, Ninka, and cargo hauler Vigil that were also orbiting the planet. 

There only hope was light years away. Rey, a scavenger girl from Jakku, who is strong with the force left the day before to find Leia's brother. Luke Skywalker was the last Jedi Master and Leia  hopes that he would havethe ability to help lift the Resistance spirits, and that he would help defeat the First Order. But for now all Leia could do was wait.

While waiting for her shuttle, the former Princess of Alderaan was standing in a clearing surrounded by officers and other Resistance crewmen as she slowly read the names of the pilots who gave there lives blowing up Starkiller Base. She read all of them and finished with Han, she could barely say his name.

She was about to walk off the podium when Ackbar spoke out.

"Do a speech for Han." 

'NO,' she thought. 

She hadn't had any time to grief, and the last thing she wanted to do was give the final address to her distant husband, but she knew that's what everyone would wanted, and deep down she knew she had to do it eventually. She took a deep breath and than spoke from her heart.

"Han wouldn't want a long speech, he was a 'do now and think later' man who had no patience for anything." 

Some old friends of Han in the crowd smiled. 

"Han might not have always done the right thing but when it counted he'd be there by your side to save the day. Some considered him a Scoundrel, including himself, but deep down he wasn't. He cared about freedom for himself and everyone, he cared also for his family despite time and distance and will be missed." 

With that she left to board her shuttle.

Huddled in a ball turret of a Cobalt Hammer, Paige and Rose Tico were doing there best to forget about the preparation for war right outside the ship. 

"I hate the thought of you flying without me." 

Rose said eventually, looking up at her sister. Paige just smiled. 

"You just checked the guns, all I have to do is pump these triggers, and the TIE Fighters go away."

 Rose had an uncontrollable yawn. Her sister gave her a concerned look. 

 "You were up late last night, nervous?" 

Rose was now the one who smiled.

"I had this horrible feeling something was wrong with the bombers, so I went and checked all of them, once I knew everything was functioning I felt better and went back to sleep." 

"Will you be ok today on the Raddus?" 

Rose just nodded, she than held her teardrop Haysian ore Otomok Medallion that there parents had given them many years ago, right before...

"I will see you on the Raddus, right Paige?" 

A nervous laugh. 

"Of course, what have the past two years of us being reunited taught you, no matter what happens the Tico sisters will always find each other again." 

She took her matching medallion out of her flight suit and placed it near Rose's.

The Tico sisters had a bond that would be extraordinary even for twins. Cobalt squad found it odd that two sisters that had not seen each other in 20 years could continue right where they left off and be as close as ever, but they soon excepted that nothing could separate them again. Nothing could change that.

 The Cobalt Hammer made a chime sound saying it was fully fueled. 

"You better get on the Raddus Rose, they'll need you in engineering now that you've been promoted to work on the lead ship. I'll see you after the evacuation." 

She hugged her sister tightly. 

"I'm just a maintenance tech, and of course I'll see you when we get to the next base." 

They hugged for a few seconds more then Rose got up and left the ball turret. She would later wish she had hugged Paige a little tighter and a little longer.