Chapter One

Sorry if some characters are too OC-ish
(Don't worry about Matthias though, he gets less ocish soon) It's a slow start but please read it through before trashing my trash lol. I'll stop. Enjoy~

"Shut up," the Dane mumbled, keeping his head down.

"Why don't you make me?" the albino said, knowing Mathias wouldn't do anything.

"Gil, we'll be late for class," Antonio nudged his friend, deep inside he knew this was wrong.

"Sure sure, just a sec," Gilbert smirked as he took a sharpie out of his bag pocket, he took the lid off and wrote on the washroom wall, 'Mathias Køhler is stupid.'
Then Gilbert, Francis, and Antonio left for first period science class.

The Dane stayed behind though. Sitting in the corner of the room, he tried not to cry. He took a sketchbook out and started to draw, he didn't know what–or rather who he was drawing until he realized the boy on his paper resembled someone he knew. He glanced at the wall unintentionally and regretted even looking up instantly, there it was, along with the other scribblings on the wall: Mathias Køhler is stupid.
"They're just joking," he whispered to himself, he wasn't too reassured though.
'At least they don't know I'm...' the thought of it had him on the verge of tears when he decided to hum an old tune he remembered from his time in Europe, Norway to be exact. He stopped though when he heard the door swing open. He closed his sketchbook immediately after seeing who it was. Lukas Bondevik.
Mathias got right up and left, not sparing so much as a glance in Lukas' direction.

The blond boy went straight to class afterwards, the teacher dismissed him for the tardy, since she knew the cause, Mathias didn't know how this school worked; they knew about Gilbert and his little trio, and yet they did nothing. Class proceeded as usual, Mathias felt invisible.
He figured being invisible for once was better than being picked on though, he kept his head down and sketched; he could do his math homework at home.

The second period started and fifteen minutes in, the blue eyed boy found himself in the washroom again. Clutching his sketchbook as he hummed the same old tune, he had the book opened to the page with the picture of the boy and started stress-sketching. No one was ever in the bathroom at this time, so Mathias figured he was alone. He wasn't.

"I thought you were Danish," a shorter blond boy questioned as he came out of a stall, with a book in hand.

"Wha...how long were you there?" Mathias asked, wiping his nose, he didn't bother answering the question.

"Long enough," he said as he looked down at the drawing, it looked exactly like him. He smiled softly, at that Mathias' first instinct was to pull the book away, but instead he didn't even bother resist when the Norwegian boy politely took the pencil from his hand and drew a cross clip in the boy's hair.

"Well, Mr. Trish would be mad if I stayed longer," Lukas said softly as he got up, leaving the pencil in the crease of the nearly full sketchbook.

The Dane was left questioning one too many things, in silence. 'What on earth was that?' He could only wonder. After spending most of his time in the washroom thinking about what just happened, he decided he should go to the cafeteria early, to get rid of the risk of bumping into Gilbert.

The cafeteria was rather large, it consisted of 20 tables. Everybody knew where they belonged, and Mathias belong with no one. It had been that way ever since the poor boy moved from Denmark to the quaint town in Ontario, Canada.

Gilbert and his group of friends sat at the far right, Gilbert's main group was Antonio and Francis, but a lot of people liked his attitude, so he was popular. To say the very least. His group took up 4 tables at the right, there, everyone knew where exactly to sit.