Chapter Six

Longer than usual chapter :)

The next day would be the day Lukas was dreading the most: the day he'd have to meet with his brother and father.

"Lukas, help your mom with the groceries."

"Fine," the blonde boy sighed as he got up from his place on his bed. He carried his phone with him and later set it down on the counter to help his mom. Big mistake.

"Oh, Lukas dear!" Mrs. Bondevik was struggling with some eggs. Lukas picked them up, and smiled. He could always smile for his mother.

"I've got it," he said, helping with some bread too.

"Oh thanks dear—and Lukas honey?" she seemed almost scared to say the next part. "The school wants us to meet with them, something about a Mr. Beilschmidt."

Lukas' already pale face went whiter than a ghost. "Oh..?" he tried maintaining his calm. "Did they tell you anything else?" he asked, keeping his nonchalant demeanour.

"No, why?" she asked as she shut their front door.

"No reason, I mean, um, Gilbert—Mr. Beilschmid, Beilschmidt," he stuttered, "he's just kinda rude, okay? Yeah," he was definitely hiding something.

"Lukas! Someone's calling!" Emil called from the kitchen, where him and their father were sitting. Emil didn't hate his father like Lukas did, he didn't know...things.

"Oh," Lukas shrunk a little more.

"Answer it," his father told Emil. Thinking it would be okay, he answered, since his father was always right. Right?

"Hey fag~" Gilbert laughed, "how's life?" he asked. Emil at the time didn't know what the word was, but his father just raised his brow.

"G-Gilbert?" Lukas asked after setting the groceries down.

"You sound like something's wrong babe, what is it?" you could basically hear Gilbert batting his lashes through the phone. To him this was all fun and joking.

"Stop it Gilbert, knock it off," he felt shaky. He knew how his dad would feel about this.

"It's not like someone's listening baby~" he had a feeling someone was listening, because Lukas wasn't hanging up as usual.

"Bye—"

"Okay lieber, see you tomorrow~ Or wait, are you going to that Catholic thingy? Because maybe I could—" Lukas finally hung up. After doing so he ran upstairs, trying to keep himself from crying.

Lukas' relationship with his father wasn't the best. From here it just went more downhill.

"Lukas Norman Bondevik!" you could hear his father hollering from the main floor.

"D-dad, I-I'm busy," he whimpered. His father came into his room though, his usually pale face coated with a dark shade vermillion.

"What was that?" he hollered, being a good religious man.

"What? Oh, um, that was Gilbert. Gilbert is um, he," he didn't want to explain he was being bullied.

"He was joking. Right?" his father didn't sound too convinced himself though.

No answer.

"LUKAS!" he shouted.

"About what?" he asked, not wanting to lie, but also not wanting to put himself.