Chapter Eight

The next morning Lovino went to his brother's room, to ask him about a certain football player.

(In Italian)

"Fratello, I need to ask you about something okay?" he said, stepping into the white, green and red room.

"Wait! Luddie's texting me!" he explained, typing vigorously.

"Lud..." he thought, "Ludwig?" he asked, hoping in vain that wasn't who he meant.

"Si!" Feliciano nodded, looking at his phone, awaiting another of Ludwig's texts.

"It's about Ludwig," the older Italian explained, he wanted to know something.

"What about Luddy?" he asked, peering over his phone, was Lovino here to bash on his only friend again? Ugh.

"What do you guys do when you hang out?" he asked, wanting to confront his brother slowly.

"Oh!" the younger's honey eyes lit up, "recently when we hang out he gets all red, it's funny. We hold hands sometimes, but that's because my hands get cold. Oh and the other day we went to the park," he smiled. This was all to Lovino's horror.

"Feli?"

"Hm?"

"Is there something you need to get off your chest maybe?" he asked, hoping his naive little brother would get it.

"No, not that I know of...." he thought for a second, "Why? Does it seem like that? Is my chest oversized? Am I getting fat! Fratello you're calling me fat!!" he began to wail and mumble in Italian. Lovino mentally kicked himself for not using a phrase he was sure Feliciano understood.

"You aren't fat fratello, I, I should go," he explained with a sigh as he left the room.

After his brother left, Feliciano sighed and was glad that was enough to make sure Lovino would leave him alone.

"If only he understood," the hazel haired boy sighed, he was always underestimated, so he played along—usually he wouldn't like being patronized as he almost always was, but now it was easier to keep secrets.
"Oh Ludwig, what am I going to do with you?" he giggled after reading his most recent text. He made sure no one was looking when he jumped out his window, they were going to meet by the willow tree at 10, which meant they'd skip school, how fun.

With them skipping school, none of the Vargas or Beilschmidt brothers were at school.

"Stupid tomato," Lovino whined as he got into the passenger seat of Antonio's Porsche.

"What tomate?" Antonio asked with a smirk, "never played hooky?" he joked.

"Does grade 10 ring a bell?" Lovino asked while rolling his light green, almost hazel eyes.

"Too many," the Spaniard chuckled.

"So why'd you call me?" Lovino asked, irritated. He was also enjoying spending time with Antonio without his stupid friends though, but he would never admit that.

"It's about your brother. I heard from," he thought, "a friend, that him and your brother would be going out today, and since you doubt my powers to help—"

"You can't help."

"Anyways: I thought we could follow them," he explained, shrugging a bit.

"You What?? No, Feli would never skip school, he's too much of a teachers pet," he explained. He couldn't bring himself to thinking Feli actually well, thought for himself.

"Hm, well they're going to be biking up to that willow tree, but they're stopping in the woods for a breakfast picnic or something," Antonio remembered.