Chapter Twenty Five

The day Lukas woke up.

The dream had started again. He didn't know how long everything was blank. There was screaming, blood... but that didn't scare Lukas. The look on his brother's face did, he was pointing at something, someone. He thought for sure Emil was pointing accusingly at his father, but his father was beside him...so was his mother. They were all afraid...afraid of him. Then he heard a voice.

"You fag! Nothing's ever gonna work if you keep up like this!" then a foot...it was a regular foot, but it was huge, it stomped on his family...

Then everything was blue, and Matthias.

Matthias.

"Matthias!" he called out, only to get a glare from the older boy.

"Fag!" he yelled, and threw an axe at the boy, his hairpin fell off. What? What?

"He's waking up, contact the parents," a nurse hollered from his room to the halls. Lukas' eyes fluttered open, everything was so bright.

"M-mom..." he muttered dryly as his mother rushed in, and hugged her son. She was worried he wouldn't wake up. She had tears in her eyes and Lukas wipes them away.

"Oh Lukas!" she smiled fondly at him, "I'm sorry you had to miss a month."

"A month?" he croaked, he didn't think it felt like that long. He looked around but his neck was sore. Then he saw Emil running in, a smile on his face. He hugged Lukas. His father cane in too, and hesitantly hugged him to, Lukas reluctantly accepted the embrace. "Wait, what happened? I remember being at the bridge and...Matthias!" his voice was suddenly working properly again. "What happened to him, is he okay?"

"No, honey, um, let's not worry about him for now okay?" his mother told him, unsure of how to tell her son that his boyfriend had moved back halfway across the globe.

"Why? What happened to him? Did he die?"

"No, no honey, but let's talk about you okay? We're gonna be able to take you home tomorrow the doctor says, and then you can get back to your life at school."

~

"Third time this week bae, people are gonna start thinking bad things," Aleks smirked, giving his boyfriend a peck on the cheek.

"I'm just lazy, you know that~" he explained, getting out of bed. He started sleeping over a lot, just like when they were kids.

"And your girlfriend?" he hummed as he changed from his Lego pyjamas to regular clothes.

"I think she's going out with Hugo now," he shrugged, "kinda ended it, not sure though," he explained as he took the clothes he packed. He changed in the washroom which was connected to Al's room.

"Well, it's finally Saturday! Wanna go over to like, I dunno, Germany?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Germany's like 2 hours away right? If you drove like that in Canada you'd barely be out of town," he laughed and nodded, "but sure, why not."

"Okay, so what excuse do we give the others? Third time this month."

"Our parents want to bond? No, um, I dunno, you're better at this," Matt said, coming out of the washroom with a hoodie and some black jeans.

"I'm thinking maybe I could tell them you died and I'm being a good bae and putting flowers on your grave," he suggested, although it was a joke. He got up and stood on his tiptoes to be taller than Matt. "Ya know, I wish I was taller than you, it'd be more fun to try and spike your hair down."