Chapter Thirty Seven

"It's Mathias. He's alive or something and he's here and we..." Lukas was well aware of how closed off he was usually to Emil, but he needed someone.
"Lukas. You've gotten over this guy already, just relax. He's not back from the dead, whoever it was you hooked up with is probably just Danish too," he was so sure of himself.
"But he knew my name!"
"Were you drunk when you met? Maybe you let that slip."
"No no, he called me Norge. I...it's cringy but that's what he used to call me. And," he began to pace around his room.
"I mean...you look Norwegian..?" he was running out of ideas. "Here talk to mom."
"Mom! Mathias is alive, did you know this?" he was expecting a 'no' but instead he heard a sigh.
"Yes dear. But he moved away and wanted nothing to do with you so."
"Why was he there then?" Lukas drew a deep breath, "he was with me mom. He he, he, we did uh," he turned an unhealthy shade of red, "we did stuff. He didn't recognize me but he did! He," the air was suddenly thicker, and his eyes threatened to spill tears if he uttered another word.
"Lukas. Please breathe, take your pills or something...damn it, we knew this would happen," she sighed and started muttering things, but Lukas couldn't care less. He hung up and began to give in to the anxiety.
~
"What the fudge, no, never in the weeks we've known each other have you told me about how I was 'dead'! Alfred! G-Gilbert!" Mathias as at a loss for words. That had been his greatest regret for the past few years. Suddenly all the moments they'd looked at him funny- like they'd seen a ghost...they came to him.
"We just thought he knew...we saw him at Centre Island, you didn't notice I guess. He didn't even look at you, I just thought it was over...and then you went out with that girl and I thought maybe you weren't gay," it was Gilbert's turn to speak. He always hated the silence. The silence that came with his mother's house in Munich, his brother, the silence with Eliza when she was angry, or in pain, or maybe both.
"He's probably bi Gilbert," Alfred elbowed his friend. He himself was bi. He remembered having the biggest crush on that English student, he also remembered his anger when he found that same boy with Francis at the movies.

Very short. Uh, opposite of a filler. Hi I'm back 😂 so uh, catch ya later 👋 (to the two people who read this) also I'm starting more books gaaah 😂 go read em maybe? And disregard that weird French one I made, my French there was aHem