Chapter Twenty Eight

"Do we have school today Lexi?" Matthias groaned as he rolled over on the pillows and cushions they had fallen asleep on.

"Don't know, don't care," Aleks yawned, this was the whole point of 'going missing'. They could binge movies and slack off all day.
"Are your parents still here?"

"It's 11 so no," he had just checked his phone.

"Then we can wash up and eat and stuff then I dunno, watch Snow Queen?" he got up and stretched a bit. They'd have to take more cushions.

"Race me?"

"Anything for you bae," they were off.

~

"Mr. Bondevik, the counsellor wants to see you," the principle told the boy as he filled in his yellow late slip. His eyes had bags forming under them and he looked like a mess. It was because he was sleep deprived though.

"I'm fine," he turned around, wanted to leave without seeing a stupid counsellor.

"Lukas. Please."

~

"I figured it out! It's Friday," Aleks exclaimed happily after coming out of the washroom. Matthias already knew this though and rolled his eyes. They were done eating and that stuff, and now it was time to binge watch random movies. Matthias checked his phone.

"Yay, 500 followers!" he smiled. Almost there.

"You still have to post something smarty pants."

"My first picture was one of you eating popcorn, sooOo, it's gonna be that again," he remembered since he started his Instagram before all his friends. He was 11.

"Ew, that was horrible, didn't I have a sock on my head or something?" he asked, they were retreating back to the attic.

"It was underwear," Matthias laughed, he took some fresh underwear out of his drawer and went to pop some popcorn to recreate the picture. The only problem was they weren't in Matthias' room that time, they were at Aleks'.

"Well, you have a room in your house that's blue?"

"Um, yea, guest room," they ran to that room and waited for the popcorn to pop.

"That's clean right?"

"Dude! Stay still," he placed the underwear on Aleks' head, they had the picture on Aleks' phone as reference. "You aren't as small," he thought out loud.

"Of course not~" he batted his eyelashes, and Matthias slapped him with a pillow.

"I'll get the popcorn," he rolled his eyes and went to fetch the popcorn. With all this excitement he basically forgot about a certain Norwegian-Icelandic boy.

~

"So Mr. Steilsson—"

"Mr. Bondevik."

"Yes, sorry, so Lukas. Tell me, is there anything you want to get off your chest?" the counsellor asked, looking him straight in the eye.

"Not really, like I said, I'm fine."

"No, it's not good to be grieving in silence. I know you were close and—"

"I knew him for a month at most Mr. B, I don't think I'm the one overreacting," he wasn't lying.

"I see," he frowned a bit. "Well you meant something to him," he explained, he didn't have any evidence but he knew it to be true.

"Well it doesn't matter now does it?" he mumbled.

"Bitterness is never the answer."

"Look who's talking, you know what, I'm gonna see myself out," Lukas got up and left.