Chapter Thirty Three

"You clean up nicely," Matthias nodded at his date.

"You too," Lukas answered the guy sitting in front of him. He was at the counter for some reason as Lukas was showed their table.

It was finally Friday. Matthias was going out with Bella, and Lukas with Elliot: wonderful turn of events.

"So, what do you plan on getting?" the younger (2 months) of the two asked the Norwegian-Icelandic boy. He thought for a moment before answering. He considered telling Elliot that since he (Elliot) wasn't gonna pay for his food, it didn't concern him.

"Food," came out of his mouth. Of course: typical Lukas.

Matthias was dressed in a red dress shirt, with a black tie and dress pants, his date wore a lovely summer dress, which matched her emerald eyes.

"So, you go to school around here?" he asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"I applied last month, they say I'll get the results by next Monday, but I intend on going to Toronto," she explained, she was already getting lost in those eyes, and the accent was a plus.

"Same," he admitted, it was true though.

"You don't mind me asking where you're from do you?" even if he did the question was already asked, but:

"I don't mind," he grinned, "the accent huh?" She nodded. "Denmark," he explained, his mind going back to Denmark and the people he left behind for a second.

"Oh, well, um, Belgium," she said, she didn't need to explain further, because Matthias got that she was stating her ethnicity.

"Waffles there were amazing," he let his mind wander a bit, then the waiter cane to take their orders. It was a rather fancy restaurant, on the outskirts of downtown.

"Only been once actually," she admitted, her voice sounded almost longing.

"Well, I'll have the 12 oz Rabbi steak with a side of mashed please," Matthias ordered, he didn't think it was weird to actually eat on the first date.

"I'll have the um, salad—"

She caught the look in Matthias' eyes, and decided to change it up.

"Actually, some pork back ribs please, sauce to the side," she corrected, allowing a faint smile onto her face.

"You want anything to drink?" Elliot asked after they got their food: a filler mignon for Lukas and a steak for El (nickname).

"You trying to get me drunk stranger?" Lukas let him say that much, after all: he hadn't really spoken for the past 20 minutes.

"Ah! It speaks," he smirked, then answered, "what if I am?"

It took a while to think of a response.

"Then, stranger; I won't drink," he explained, wanting to wipe the grin off his face, but it didn't work.

"I thought I told you my name was Elliot, and hey it's your birthday today isn't it?" the waiter was way too close for him to be saying stuff like that.

"You wouldn't-"

Elliot gestured for their server to come over and opened his mouth to speak, but Lukas cut him off.

"I'd like some white wine please," decent save. He glared at the other, who just continued smirking and ordered some wine as well, red wine. Elliot shrugged after the waiter left.

"Guess you did want a drink."

He was good.

"You're into biking too? Neat," Bella commented, and the night went on for the two of them, nice and smoothly. But Lukas...eh.

~

"So where're you from Lukas?"

"Mom's Norwegian and dad's Icelandic," he explained, with the half empty glass of wine in his left hand.

"Ah, cool. Luxembourgish," he explained, meaning his ethnicity.

"Hm, what do you speak there?" he spoke more now.

"French, German, Dutch, oh and Luxembourgish of course. I can only speak the latter though, with the bit of French from my time in Ottawa, you?"

"I understand English, French, Norwegian, Icelandic, Danish and some Swedish, and I can speak all but French and Swedish," he explained, Elliot looked impressed.

"Well how about we take a walk or something," Elliot offered, getting up. Lukas wondered if he was stupid and forgot about the bill.

"We still need to pay."

"Nope," he shrugged, but expected some kind of bad reaction.

"You paid in advance didn't you? Fuck," he breathed but got up anyways. "I'm paying next time," he grumbled, this kid just loved paying.

"So there's gonna be a next time," El smirked and raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

"Shut up," he walked out of the restaurant before the other.

"Well since you asked me out Lukas..." Elliot started, being sly like he was, "I guess you pick where we go," the smirk wasn't going anytime soon.

Lukas grumbled some unclear Norwegian and walked at a rather fast pace, he didn't know where he was going but he didn't want Elliot to see his frustration or the blush on his face—although he could blame that on the half drunk cup of wine.

"I'll just wait for a location then," Elliot hummed, putting his hands in his pockets and caught up to Lukas, of course he was still smirking. They continued walking for an hour or so until they decided to call it a night.

Short and fillerish. Oh well. Gut Nacht