¡Chapter Forty!

"I think we can at least say we're not living in the past now," he got a small chuckle out of the crowd, "so if you don't know what you're here for," he went dark, "someone's died. It's been 8 years since I first met Lukas."

Silence filled the audience as Mathias continued.

"Lukas Bondevik took his last breath last Thursday in his childhood bedroom. He always felt a strong connection with the place, so it was only fitting. Needless to say, he was a successful person. Someone I intended to marry actually. He and I were close to a point where we became inseparable. He was my best friend and I'm happy to have spent time with him. His brother will now speak," with that Mathias took a seat after staring broken-heartedly at the coffin.

"Hello. My name is Emil, and I'm— I was Lukas' only sibling. He meant a lot to me even if I didn't show it. He was there to do difficult math problems with. He hogged all our coffee and butter, but I was better off without it. Growing up we had our differences, but that could never stop us from growing stronger together as the years passed. He will be missed. Ahem, now this creep from Toront— New York, will be sharing and Matt will leave the room because he doesn't like him."

And again, Mathias got up and left the room, feeling all...giddy.

"Hey, uh, yea I knew Lukas for a good two months, and he was a very good person, with very good intentions. I'll miss him, as will you I'm sure. So to whomever is listening to this, my condolences."

They actually got him to do this.

"I'd like to speak!" His mother was up, though she didn't look as sad as she should've been, maybe because it didn't hit her yet. "When Lukas was three years old we had him choose from a hundred dollar bill, a necklace, a notebook and a drink. He crawled away to the fridge and managed to take the butter out and smear it on the kitchen floor," she paused to breathe and recollect her thoughts after having remembered that moment, "I wish he'd do that again you know? Anything really...it's hard to see your kids grow up, but it's harder to not. Whichever way, if you die you don't see them, and if they die...you see them in everything."

There was a prolonged silence as Ms. Bondevik took a seat. His father came up and decided to speak.

"He also covered himself in coffee beans that day," he sighed and didn't look like he was grieving at all, "I approve of this. I know he doesn't— wouldn't have cared, but he's his own man, or at least he was. I'm a fool for not letting him know sooner that I loved him."

"Hello. I'm Gilbert, this is Henry. He's my son. I can't imagine what would happen to me if he died and well I can't imagine the pain I put on Lukas. For that; in front of everyone, I'm sorry."

~

Outside of the church Mathias looked at the man who'd just pulled up in his red car. A Scandinavian flag was perched on top of his (front of the car). He got out of the car and smiled, then went to kiss Matt. He returned it, and he didn't quite continue the ceremony yet.

Okay so finale part one :)