Chapter 14

Your POV

I powdered a little blush on the tops of my cheekbones and rubbed my lips together to make sure my lipstick was on. Half my curls laid over my shoulder while the other half was pinned back. I was wearing light washed high waisted jeans, a red and white striped sweater with white nikes.

The clock flashed 9:56 so I grabbed my red purse and locked my apartment up. The excitement was building up in me and I don't know why. It isn't any different from seeing him before.

My heart skipped about 5 beats when I turned around face to face with Michael. "Holy- you scared the hell out of me Michael" I laughed and nudged his arm.

"Wow. What are you wearing?"

"Clothes?" I answered the dumb question. He meant something else but my answer kept things simple. "You look really beautiful"

Or that's good too. Make things difficult Michael.

"Oh stop. You always say that" I laughed.

"There's a reason why" he complimented.

He was wearing a big blue letterman jacket, black pants and he was also wearing nikes but they were black. "We're going to be late now if you keep staring. And your cover might be blown standing in an open hallway of an apartment"

"Ok c'mon then" Michael laughed and took off running down the hall and down the stairwell. "You little!" I said chasing after him.

His laughter echoed in the stairwell and I no longer cared about beating him. The sound continued on and increased as I approached him.

"After you" Michael repeated the always generous gesture of opening my door for me.

Once again the air was off and Michael sat close.

Michaels POV

Something about _____ looked different. She was even more captivating and beautiful. Maybe it was the simplicity of her outfit or the way her eyes popped with color.

Something. I just can't explain what.

She stared out her window and looked up at the sky. "I love the night sky" she said while maintaining a stare outside. "Yeah it's amazing isn't it. Flawless. Captivating."

"Exactly. My dad and I used to watch them at night. I remember once we saw a shooting star. I wished for a puppy. Every kids dream"

"Did you get one?"

"Yeah. Her name was Annabelle. She died two years ago. She was like my best fried you know? I love animals. They're so loyal and easy to talk to"

"They don't judge you. They just love you"

She looked at me "Yeah. Exactly"

She looked outside again and behind us with a look on her face. "Um we missed the studio. Where are we going?"

I saw the sign in the distance and pointed out to it.

"Los Angles Zoo?" She read out loud.

"Precisely. Surprise!?"

"Wait it's 10 o clock isn't it closed?"

"They let me come at night. Without the crowds or anything. It's easier. Plus you don't have to look through hundreds of people" I beamed.

"Wow. This is great! This is amazing! I'm so excited!" Her face was lighting up and she couldn't quite smiling. She looked like a little girl having the time of her life.

Which made it all the more worth it.

Your POV

Michael is really making a deep impression on me. A good one too at that.