Chapter 6: The Light in the Darkness

Rudi and I were in our respected Braviary suit and Swanna suits while Hilda rode on her Zekrom, Hilbert rode on his Reshiram, and N was on his Braviary

Rudi and I were in our respected Braviary suit and Swanna suits while Hilda rode on her Zekrom, Hilbert rode on his Reshiram, and N was on his Braviary. Unlike Rudi's Braviary, this one seemed to have more of a loving nature. While I was starting to think Rudi's Pokémon was starting to warm up towards me, I couldn't help but to feel him glaring daggers my way every now and then. I still didn't understand why he still felt that way around me, but if there was one thing Nurse Joy taught me, it was to kill the Pokémon with kindness.

If only that worked.

I flew between Hilda and Hilbert, feeling a bit smaller to scale. Then again, I was flying next to two Pokémon that Team Miasma had control over at one point, not to mention, I had to battle both of them as well.

My eyes ended up staring at Zekrom, who wasn't in its right mind when we last battled. I mean, granted, it couldn't control what it did, but I couldn't shake the feeling. There was a Pokémon so powerful it could injure something. Not just injuring either, but it was enough to make a Pokémon disappear due to the pain.

Hilbert must've taken note on this as he cleared his throat. I turned to look at him, seeing the boy looking down at me, asking. "Why do you wear a Swanna suit when you do these things? Wouldn't it be quicker just to go out instead of wasting five minutes to change?"

"Because I'm a Pokémon Nurse, I don't want people associating me with this," I explained. "Besides, if word get out, I wouldn't get two seconds to myself."

"But Rudi seems to be dealing with it well," Hilda commented.

I looked back, seeing as N and Rudi flew behind us. They were talking to each other about something, but due to how far back they were, I couldn't really hear them. All I could do was watch as Rudi's Braviary shot daggers my way.

Wait, I'd have to start calling him Braviary Man again, wouldn't I? Gosh, after three years, that would take some getting used to.

"He enjoys the spotlight," I explained as I looked back at Hilbert. "I don't. Which reminds me, whatever you do," I looked over at Hilda, "call me Swanna Girl. The only people that know about me being this are you guys, Rudi, his family, Nurse Joy of Nacrene City, and Officer Jenny of Nacrene City."

Hilbert let out a long whistle. "That's a long list already. How does Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny know?"

"Long story," I muttered, before I pointed down to the city below. "There's our stop."

Swanna dove down, realizing this was it. As for the other Pokémon, they all followed suit, flying down to the small city as fast as possible. Because of that, Swanna and I ended up tailing behind since Hilbert and Hilda had the two Legendaries while both Braviary sped up flying beside me.

The city was clearly under attack by men and women dressed in black everything. The only thing that got me was that they were wearing black sunglasses over their eyes. It wasn't even sunny out, and there wasn't any snow that was on the ground that people would need them.