Chapter 28: Battles...

By the time Rena and I got to where Rudi was supposed to be at, the whole world came crashing down

By the time Rena and I got to where Rudi was supposed to be at, the whole world came crashing down. We were too late.

At least, that was what it felt like. But, if I felt like that now, I'd be in for a rude awakening later. As for now, everything was happening so fast that I wasn't even sure how to react to it. I saw the fighting with all the Team Oblivion members. Rudi, Hilbert, Hilda, members of Team Miasma, and a handful of Trainers were fighting their hardest, both with and without their Pokémon. I would've joined them. That was what my plan was, but something else happened.

They were all fighting in the middle of the streets while Rena and I came out of the dark alley way. What ended up happening was a lot worse. Someone kicked out their foot, and I crashed head-first into the ground.

My head bounced from the ground, and I could feel the blood already trickling from my nose. I brushed my fingers over my forehead, finding the red liquid was dripping from there as well.

A voice laughed.

"Finally, we have you just where we want you, Swanna Girl," the voice sneered.

I turned onto my back, to look up, but no one was there. My hands pressed into the ground, so I could sit up, except I couldn't see a thing but the shadows that cascaded from the buildings.

My back was turned towards where the Central Area of Castelia City was. That just so happened to be where everyone was fighting. I, on the other hand, just looked to see where this voice was coming from.

This voice had to belong to the person who tripped me. If that person wanted to slow me down, I was sure a Pokémon attack would come next. I had to be ready.

"Not so brave after all," the voice echoed in my head.

I turned towards where the voice was supposed to be, but nothing was there.

This should've been a nightmare, but it wasn't. Hilbert had told me. He told me there was another way of telling if the nightmare was real or not. I just couldn't find another sign that would make this situation real. Everything was crumbling into pieces, and Yveltal was making sure I felt the pain.

In case this was real, I had to keep going.

"Smarter than you look. Cute," the voice laughed. "Maybe this will be more fun than throwing your brain into oblivion."

Oblivion. A state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening. Funny how evil organizations would use a word that means the literal thing of what they were getting at. I should've realized it sooner.

If their name was Team Oblivion, then it wasn't just fear they wanted to rule by. It was that they wanted everyone to be completely mindless.

Just then I saw the two electric blue eyes popping out of the shadows as a man walked underneath the destruction Pokémon. My hand grabbed my Poké Ball, knowing this was it. This was the final battle to decide it all.