Chapter 26: Castelia City's...

We all flew towards Castelia City, or teleported there in Lethe's case, along with a few members of Team Miasma who didn't have Pokémon to fly to the city

We all flew towards Castelia City, or teleported there in Lethe's case, along with a few members of Team Miasma who didn't have Pokémon to fly to the city. I took a deep breath as I looked straight ahead.

I just made a big mistake.

I shouldn't have done that. I should've made a different deal. At the moment, it was the only thing I could think of doing without getting killed. If I had tried to fly away, I know exactly what would've happened. All those grunts would've had their Pokémon come after me. Gila would fly on her Mandibuzz to make sure I didn't make it far.

We'd all die before anyone could blink an eye.

No matter what, I couldn't tell anyone. I wasn't sure if Gila would open her big mouth when she saw Rudi and the others, but for their safety, I hope she didn't. If they found out what I just did, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

They would make me feel worse than I already felt.

Then again, I wasn't even sure if I could face Rudi. There was a three-year period where we didn't see each other because I was away in Kalos for a year while he went missing for the remaining two. No one understood why, and while he told me the truth as to why he did that, I felt like I'd be stabbing him in the back for doing the same. Only, joining an evil band of bad guys may have been a bit worse.

Gila flew beside me on her Mandibuzz. "What's your plan on defeating Team Oblivion?"

I didn't look at her as I looked straight ahead to find Castelia City in the horizon. "I have to find my friends to see what their game plan is, and then I'll go from there."

The leader of Team Miasma huffed. "How are you so sure they'll be there?"

"Because it's Team Oblivion. They'll stop them before they do anything else."

"Sure Ruby isn't going to look for you," I heard Archer's voice asked.

For Arceus's sake, could that guy get anymore annoying? I turned my head to my left, seeing the two Krait Twins holding onto their Swoobats as they flew beside us. I didn't even know they had those Pokémon, making me wonder when they caught them. It didn't matter.

"It's Rudi," I growled, "and I know Rudi."

Gila giggled. "Do you know him though?"

Oh Deerling, I'd made a mistake in the deal I'd made, especially since I know I'll be dealing with Rudi's ex for a long time. I turned my head towards Gila, who wore a crooked smile. Whatever she was getting at, it couldn't have been good.

I nodded my head.

"But do you know-know him," Gila asked.

That was an odd question. I didn't answer her as I wasn't quite sure what she was getting at. Instead, I turned my head into her direction.