Chapter 24: Dusk, Shade, and Shadow

First, I was chained to wall to be made unaware as to what had happened

First, I was chained to wall to be made unaware as to what had happened. Then, I was told a string of lies (then again, knowing everything before being put under, I guess that's to be expected). Afterwards, I realized they had taken my Pokémon away from me. Now, I was forced to wear what everyone else here did. I didn't have a choice, seeing as I was supposed to be mindless of everything. At least with everything happening, they let me change in privacy.

I stared at myself in the mirror with a blank expression. I could care less what clothes these people made me wear, but they had crossed the line as I looked unrecognizable. One of them cut my hair, so my black locks fell well above my shoulders while strings of hair hung over my forehead. My eyes were bloodshot red as I wasn't getting much sleep. It wasn't because of nightmares this time, but the stress of knowing what could happen if I messed up.

All the coloring in my skin had disappeared. I looked a mess, and that was before the cuts and bruises were there on my arms. The outfit I wore now consisted of a short-sleeved black t-shirt, black jeans, black combat boots, and, of course, the black beanie.

A part of me wondered if anyone would recognize me, but then again, Lethe somehow managed to get my glasses. Even with them on, it was almost hard to recognize me. More so, part of me wondered if that was why they worked so hard on making me look so different.

"Sylvia, the bosses wants to see you now," I heard someone call from behind.

I turned around, seeing Lethe standing there. He tucked his hands in his pockets as his head hung down. Lethe was the reason I was here. The boy tricked me. He might have had a picture of him and my mom. That picture was proof that we were related. There was no denying that we were related by blood.

Blood or not, Lethe was no brother of mine.

There wasn't a thing I could say to him, not when that odd vision I had before waking up warned me against it. True, it was Lethe in the vision that warned me, but that could have been for many reasons. All I know was whatever sedative knocked me out, it didn't do its job. Otherwise, I'd be a mindless zombie.

I walked over towards Lethe, not saying one word. Usually, if I said anything to anyone, I kept it to a minimum. I had to have everyone believe this thing worked. If I didn't, more lives would be put at risk. Beyond that, I would probably have been killed on the spot.

Lethe was quiet as we walked through the compound. I wasn't sure how long we'd been here as I started to lose count of the days. Then again, I wasn't sure how long that Visioner had knocked me out for. For all I know, I could've been here for just two days, but it felt longer. Everything just blurred together.

"Sylvia," Lethe whispered, "I hope you're still in there. If you remembered anything from before we had to put you under, please, give me a sign."

Instead of giving him an answer, I kept my head held low, following his lead.