Chapter 17: Rudi's Outburst

If you are reading this, it means I have failed

I want to apologize for any mayhem I may have caused. I didn't mean for things to get out of hand. If it means anything, at least this letter can come as a warning for future reference.

Team Oblivion won't stop. There are three leaders that rank above us grunts. The first is Shade. She, like me, has a power that should've never gotten in her hands in the first place. Somehow, she is like a human Darkrai and can send people, even those at a distant from her, into a restless slumber.

Then there's the leader with the Darkrai, Dusk. She holds no power, but she's pretty smart. I've lost her trust giving you this warning, but please, understand, this is my choice. I'd rather risk my job than knowing I'm the cause of the destruction in Unova.

Finally, we have the leader of destruction himself: Shadow. Due to how low in ranks I am, I know of him, but I've never really met the guy. There was only one time I've met him, and that's all I need to know to give you all the warning that he's the worst of them all. Beware. Once he's gotten word on you, and which side you're on, he will send his Pokémon to destroy everything you love.

As of last night, I've found a way to help Joy escape the place. Whether she made it out safely is beyond me, but I must warn you, her cheerful demeanor has changed.

As to why you should even trust a word I say in this letter, I will have you know, I've always been on your side. Had I not, Swanna Girl would've froze to death that night the Unovan Heroes came to take back the White Kyurem. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

To whomever receives this note, I just want to get my name cleared. You don't have to believe a word that's in it. Just know I'm on your side.

~Lethe.

I sat on the bed in the room that Hilda and I were sharing. After what happened though, she refused to leave Hilbert's side. It was a good thing N didn't come back from visiting his so-called sisters. That was what I was told when I asked where he went. If he did, I'm not sure how the guy would react to having a girl in his room.

The only thing that bothered me was that Rudi didn't come back before Hilbert, Hilda, and me. Because of it, I assumed the worst, and I wanted to go search for him. The last time I let him go alone on a mission, things didn't go well. I didn't want that to happen again.

Had it not been for Landon and Wendy being here to stop me, I would've been at Rena's Widgets right now. They were about to go to their shop and warned me that I wasn't in good shape to help Rudi if I did. While Landon left to go to their Breeder shop in Nimbasa, Wendy stayed back to make sure I wouldn't leave. She was right in doing so because the second she'd leave, I'd go searching for Rudi.

Wendy told me to stay in the room, so I could get a few hours of sleep. I haven't slept a wink yet, and it was already nine in the morning.

If I did, I would have nightmares. Instead, I sat on the bed, with my knees pulled to my chest, waiting until I knew Rudi, Rena, and Nox got back safely.