23. Amy

I can tell my time with Chris is limited before he goes and has a life changing operation that could save his life. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous because really I'm dreading the whole thing.

I spend the next few weeks with Chris and trying to make him feel better about the whole thing. I even got Luke to come over to make him feel better. We all had fun together and tried to forget about the surgery as much as possible, but no matter what we did it just kept creeping back into our minds.

I hated watching Chris being consumed by all the worries and thoughts he had. It was the worst thing about this whole situation. But in the end I knew we shared the same thoughts and concerns.

I'd text him every night to make sure that he was ok. We'd talk for ages until there was nothing else to talk about.

Then suddenly everything changed. I could tell that Chris had almost completely given up because suddenly every kiss we had lasted longer then before, every hug was almost like a goodbye and he was always telling me how much he loved me. It tore me apart to see him like this but in the need there was nothing else I could do but be there for him.

On the bright side my parents managed to buy back the farm. I'm not sure how they did it but when I told Chris I could see that he was pleased.

Then I got the text from Chris.

C- the operation is tomorrow