October 15, 2006

Brittany quietly walked into the house and saw that Santana was fighting a losing battle with her eyelids. She understood why she was so exhausted, they had a pretty long day. Her back was feeling a little better but she figured that she should take her medicine anyway. After rustling around in her back pack, Brittany found her bottle of medication and set it down on the counter. She grabbed a cup off of the dish rack and filled it with water from the sink.

"Babe? Is that you?" Brittany turned, checking to see if Santana had walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah it's me."

"Are you okay?" She turned back towards her cup of water and tried her best to open her bottle without making too much noise. They were home now but she still didn't want Santana to find out that she was taking her pills. Popping the cap off, she got two out and placed them in her hand.

Santana's hands appeared out of nowhere, grabbing her from behind. They made their way up her back, gently of course. Brittany tensed up a little, she had scared her.

"6?"

"Yeah.. But its not so bad. How'd you know?" Santana smiled.

"I've been around you pretty much everyday. I know you. And when you jumped on me I knew your back was going to bother you later." With a disappointed look, Brittany took her pills and placed the cup in the sink. "What's wrong?"

"I didn't want to ruin your night."

"Oh babe you didn't ruin my night, I promise. Just cause your back hurts little bit doesn't mean anything. Yeah, I want you to be alright but it won't ruin the night." She massaged Brittany's back a little as they stood there. She placed her head on Santana's shoulder and started to relax. "Come on. Let's go to my room. That way you can relax some more."

The girls walked into Santana's room. It wasn't as big as Brittany's but it was good enough for her. Santana had a small tv, and her walls were covered in old softball posters and team pictures from over the years. She took pride in everything she did, and every team she played for regardless of if they were good or not. And that was something that Brittany liked a lot about her. She was loyal. Before she laid down on the bed, Brittany took her shirt off and threw it on her bag.

"You want me to open the window? It's kinda hot tonight." Santana stood on her bed to open the window. "I'll just crack it, that way air can come in."

When she turned, she found that Brittany was already fast asleep. She laid down next to her carefully. "Goodnight, Britt Britt."

Britt Britt? What the hell? Santana shook her head in embarrassment. At least she wasn't awake to hear that. The feelings she had for this girl was out of this world. She propped herself up on her elbow and watched her sleep. All the muscles in her face and body were totally at peace. There was no sign of pain coming from her at all. Santana traced Brittany's back lightly from the top of her spine all the way down.

"I love you, Brittany." She didn't move an inch. "And I'll find the perfect time to tell you."

---------------

After their long night, Brittany didn't get up until about 10:30. She rolled off of the bed and went to freshen up. After she finished up, she walked back into the room to see that Santana was now sprawled out on top of the comforter. Her shirt was above her sports bra. She knew that Santana was hot so she climbed over her carefully and opened the window all the way.

Brittany didn't want to wake Santana up yet so she went into the living room and turned on the tv. After about three episodes of the Vampire Diaries she went back into the room and saw her girlfriend in pretty much the same position. She walked over to the bed and sat next to her.