Chapter 23

( the next day)

I woke up and saw the lovely breakfast set in front of me with the roses. It was a very pleasureful morning. Eating pancakes with "Nutella" and strawberries and seeing the beautiful view of Venice. The sun was brightly shinig above the old watered city.
Some hours later Joel knocked on my door. I quickly put the breakfast stuff and opened it.
He stood at the door, smiling widely.

" Good morning! " - he kissed my forehead.

" Good morning! ''

" How did you sleep? "

" How could I sleep after that amazing night? "

He smiled and stared at the floor for a while.

" I am do glad, that you like it. "

I just smiled. Being with him and staring at him is the best thing, that I can wish.

" Umm... OK. I don't want to disturb you. Pack your things calmly. "

But before he went, I held his arm very tight and looked straight into his shining chocolate brown eyes full of life, that not to mention mine.

" Thank you. "

He got lost firstly, but then confusingly smiled.

" Umm... For what? "

" For enduring me this whole time. I think, that you're the only person you don't talk to me like a baby. You're talking to me like we're the natural grown ups. And that's it. But after my sickness, I fell like no one treats me like before. Now everyone is like " caring about me and my health" and nothing more. But they don't understand, that it makes me suffer more. You're the only one who understand me, but also care about me not demonstrating it, if you know what I mean.Thank you exactly for that"

" What do you mean by enduring? You're making my life meaningful.I do all this for you to show all my love to you. Not beacause I feel sorry for you and your health problems. Its not important to me?"

" But what's important for you? "

" You, Leyla. Only you and being with you is interesting for me. "

" Anyways, thank you! "

We laughed and then went downstairs to do breakfast. There we saw some fans of Joel. It got Me a little scared. But frankly the fans were nice, even of they completely ignored me. That's better than talking crap about me.
But on the way to the airport everything was planned to go well.
We were standing on the queue for check outs.

" Are you exited? "

" I am shaking. I can't believe in going to Capadocia. To the place of my childhood dreams. "

" Well, you made me nervous too. Do you really want to jump from the parachute? "

" I am a little afraid, but I think it's worth to risk. "

" I think so either. If we want to be attentive, we must be afraid of everything and spend all our life St home, doing nothing, but trembling in fear. "

But then suddenly one man came to us with a microphone. There was also a camera. I started to shake in fear, but Joel held my hand and sighened me to not be afraid.
The man came to us.

" Excuse me, I wanted... "

" We can't talk right now. I am sorry. Come on Leyla. "

He took my hand and we tried to go away, but the other reporter appeared, not letting us go.

" I am sorry. We seriously need to go. We can't talk right now. "

But he overheated Joel's words and kept asking the annoying questions like " Are you guys serious", " If yes, then for how many months or years " ( I am not joking), " Don't be afraid. Just tell us and we will let you go. "

Somehow we could escape in the groundfloor. We were out of breath. Joel looked at me, breathing very hard.

" Are you OK? "

" Yes and you? "

" A little hard to breath, but I am getting better. Don't worry about me. "

Later I got better, but Joel still was out of breath. He couldn't walk or talk. I could even say, that he was worse than before. I couldn't understand what was happening to him, but then realised, that he has astma.

'' Joel, you're not looking healthy. Can I help you with something? "

" No, no! It's ok. It's happening with me pretty usually. Don't worry about me! "

" Are you sure? "

" Of course! I am OK. "

I didn't insist, but there was some anxiety in my heart.
We didn't know where we were going and suddenly bumped into a reporter with a camera men. We run from the immediately. But they run after us. Then another reporter appeared on our way. So we run by the fire escape, which leaded us outside. We hoped, that there would be no one. But unfortunately, there was an extremely big crowd there.

" Holy crap! " - Joel shouted and nervously looked around, still holding my hand so tight, that I almost screamed.
The flashlights were blinding our eyes. The words from thousands of people were merging in one indistinct howl. Everything seemed so blurred up, until Joel looked at me. I could barely understand him, but took the last strength.

" Listen, Ley! I can see a small whole in this crowd. We gotta run through it very fast. So be ready and don't distract on anyone, OK? "

I looked at him with great surprise. Is he serious? It's so risky and dangerous to run trought this crowd, knowing that you can drown in them. I didn't want to drown in the hands of some crazy reporters.

" OK, I am counting from 3...2
..1...Goooo!!!''

And he took my hand with all strength, that I thought It would fall out. The flashes were still blinding me. The faces of reporters and camera men were blurring in my view. I didn't know where I was running. Seemed like only Joel was helping me to run. I couldn't see the end of the flashing crowd. It was getting longer and longer. I was almost loosing my sence, until heard a very loud scream. It made my heart stinged. It was hurting so painfully. I turned around and couldn't believe in what I saw. I saw blood...
Much blood..
Joel looking strangely, but also Lifeless at me. He couldn't walk anymoremore. He was covering his bleeding head. His hands were shiningly prinson. I was lost. I couldn't believe in what I saw. Seconds before he obviously helped me to walk, but now he wasn't able to stand. I wanted to get to him, but the people all around thwarted me to do that. I could barely only scream his name, even if I wasn't able to see him anymore.The only words, that I could here the last time from him were

" Go away! "