Pretend To Be My Date

"Please, please, please, Shawn," I whine. "I never ask you for anything,"

"I don't know," Shawn trails off, his arm brushing mine as he walked me back to my house after we had dinner with some of his friends at the bar in the main street.

"Listen, my family bug me every year about if I'm dating someone and for once I just want to make them happy. Could you please, pretty please, for one night... just pretend to be my date," I stop him, pulling his arm gently so he turns and faces me. The dark sky creates shadows against his face, the dimly lit street lights illuminating half his face.

"I just don't want to lie to your family Camila," He says, linking my fingers with his.

"I know you don't but I just want to get them off my case. I don't know who else I could ask and right now there's no one else I'd rather fake date then you," I chuckle, looking up at him shyly.

"Aww Camila" Shawn coos, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly, lifting me off the ground slightly.

"Shawn- can't breathe," I mumble into his chest.

"Sorry," He chuckles, placing me back down and we continue walking again. "So what would this fake date entail if I did go along with it?"

"Well," I glance at him from the corner of my eye. "You would just come to family dinner next Sunday, get introduced to my family. Make polite conversation as you do, then we leave and you will never have to see them again!"

"Doesn't sound too bad," Shawn comments, slowing down as we reached my house, the moisture from the grass soaking through the gaps in my heels as I walked across the front lawn to the door.

"It's not, you'll be fine. You're my best friend and my parents love you so you'll be great," I tell him while searching though my bag for my keys.

"What are you going to tell your mum and dad?"

"Just that our friendship turned into a relationship and all that,"

I jar the key into the lock, twisting it and shoving it open.

"You want to come in?" I ask, holding the door open.

"You making a snack?" He asks while stepping past.

"Thank you!" a muffled call rings out, followed by plastic rustling.

"No problem," I shout back, chucking my bag on the sofa and shrugging my jacket off.

Shawn walks back in, grinning at me and shoving the rest of the small cake in his mouth, crumbs dusting his sweater.

"Is there a dress code?" he falls back on the couch, legs chucked up onto the arm rest, wiping his shirt clean.

"Something smart, not too dressy though," I do the same, sitting on the spare space that he left, putting my own legs over his.

"What do you think your parents will think?" He asks quietly, his hands fidgeting.

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head to meet his eyes.

"Just of us, like, together,"he says hesitantly, his eyes never meeting mine.

"Well, they probably saw it coming." He sends me a confused glance.

"We were best friends all through high school and then we're still just as close now- I mean you haven't had a girlfriend in a good 3 years or so and I haven't even thought of dating so they probably thought that we had something secretly going on,"

He laughs, "A secret relationship, wow,"

"Hey, are you judging our secret partnership?" I glare at him teasingly.

"Not at all," His arms move behind him to hold himself up to see me better.

"From our relationship?" Shawn asks, pretending to be horrified.

"Of course,"

"How dare you!" He scolds, trying to push me off the edge of the couch. His touch tickles, making me shriek in laughter and my arms flail around trying to get a grip before I fall but unfortunately all I get is a handful of Shawn's T-shirt

I land with a thud on the ground, Shawn falling on top of me. He groans, lifting himself so that from his waist up he was off me.

"Good one," I growl, scowling at him.

"You're fault," He teases, grinning at me.

"Was not," I snap back, a smile pulling at my lips.

"Was too,"

"Was not,"

"Was.Too." I say each word slowly.

"Would it really be that bad if we dated for real?" Shawn says gently.

"Was to- wait what?"

A/n: One Night, chapter will take a long writing. I want it to be good. So here's the shitty one <3