Blessed

He’s just laying there, gazing into nowhere, allowing his thoughts to take him over. He tried to bury them deep inside his mind but they slowly start to eat him up alive. They’ve never had a fight like this. Words they didn’t mean were thrown at each other, glasses were shattered on the floor, things were being packed in suitcases and doors were being thrown shut.

Shawn never meant to leave like this. Never meant to leave her behind for three months of tour when things are the way they are right now. It’s lonely without her surrounding him. He was used to her presence around him and now that he’s alone he feels like the plain walls of his hotel room are going to crush him.

He’s met with her sweet voice barely a few seconds later.

“Hey, it’s Camila. I’m sorry but I’m probably tied up right now. You can leave your name and your number and I’ll call you back as soon as I get the chance to!” 

“Hey, it’s Shawn”, he begins, his voice husky. “You’re probably asleep right now but - I miss you, Mila, I really miss you and I’m sure there aren’t enough words to describe how sorry I am. You keep me awake. I’m about to cancel this tour and buy a damn plane ticket to come home. And with home I don’t mean our house, I mean you. You are my home, Camila” He gulps, shutting his eyes tightly to prevent himself from crying. “I don’t want to be here, I don’t want to be anywhere when you’re not with me. I’m used to feeling your energy in every room I set a foot in and now that I can’t I miss you more than ever.”

“I’m a mess right now but please know that I’m the luckiest man on this earth to have you by my side. I’m blessed to be stuck with you. I’m blessed that you’re always there for me. I’m blessed that you accept me. Me as a person, with all my flaws and insecurities. I’ll always need you, baby. I can’t do this without you, please don’t leave me.” He can’t help letting a few tears escape his eyes. He never shows how vulnerable he is but he completely lets his guards down, just for her. If he could, he would go back in a heartbeat just to make everything all better. 

“Please just know that I’ll always come back home to you. No matter what.”

"I love you"