Princess

I sighed resting my head back against the bus seat, I hated taking the bus but Shawn and I were in a weird spot right now so of course I wasn’t going to sit in awkward silence with him just to get a ride to school.

“Why so blue Cabello?”

I opened my eyes to see Justin Bieber, turned around in the seat in front of me, with a soft smile of his lips.

Any other girl’s heart would flutter at the sight but mine belonged to Shawn. I didn’t answer him, just looked at him, hoping my eyes would tell him the story my brain couldn’t.

“Let me guess it’s the boyfriend?” He folded his arm over the seat and rested his chin on them.

I simply nodded and looked out the window, wondering what Shawn was doing, probably focused on Hailey Baldwin like he always was.

She was pretty, I knew she was. She had such great style, is really nice and she was so smart. I was jealous, but of course I wasn’t going to admit that, so when Shawn asked me why I was always so cold around her I couldn’t simply swallow my pride. Instead I was vague with my answers, barely looking him in the eyes because I was afraid if I did he would realise how much better off he is with her and would leave me.

He stormed out of my room, after an hour of my childish act, I didn’t blame him for slamming my door shut and leaving me to my thoughts. I felt extremely guilty, sick to my stomach even, because I love Shawn and I’m so afraid that he won’t want me because of how insecure I am.

“Hey,” Justin pulled me away from my thoughts again. “You guys are going to be okay. I mean you guys are everyone’s couple goals.” He smiled and I couldn’t help but smile back.

The bus stopped and everyone piled out, I waited until everyone trailed out, not wanting to get trampled, and Justin seemed to wait with me. We walked out together and he threw his arm over my shoulder.

“Keep your head up, or you’re not going to win best smile like in the 6th grade.” He teased, brushing his fist on my chin softly. “I mean you were lucky that year because Jessica got hit in the face with a soccer ball and lost her tooth, but you’re still a knockout, you got to know that at least.”

I laughed and blushed as he continued complementing me while we walked to class, I knew it was all to make me feel better, but it was working. For a moment I forgot about my fallout with Shawn, I felt okay.

That is until, said tall brown haired boy came storming around a corner towards Justin and I.

“What the hell is going on here? You getting cosy with my fucking girlfriend Bieber.” He shouted, getting angry pushing against Justin's chest, who quickly took his arm off my shoulder, backing away.

“N-No, she just looked down and I was helping her feel better.” He tried to defend himself but Shawn was in a rage and just pushed him again.

I forced myself between the boys, pressing my hands on Shawn’s chest, “Stop it, he really was just helping me feel better okay?”

“No. Not okay. You’ve been acting weird all month, and finally we when stop talking to each other you cozy up to this idiot. Is this why you’re also so quiet because you were planning on leaving me for this punk? Huh?!”

“Shawn Peter I’m not talking to you when you’re like this, so calm down or we’re not talking. Just find me when you’re done being an asshole.”

I shoved myself away from his chest and stormed off, not wanting to deal with him in this state, because it made me both angry and terrified. I hated when Shawn yelled, it reminded me of when my parents would fight and that always scared me to the bone.

I sat at the top of the bleachers, my legs to my chest, my face hidden in my elbow as I sniffed and brushed away my tears. I was so confused and hurt, my mind felt all muddled and my heart was lost in my head.

I got so lost in myself that I didn’t even realise that someone sat beside me.

“Princess you got to tell me how you feel. I don’t understand anything anymore.”

I sniffled and chuckled, “I don’t either.”

“All I need to know is if you love me or that…” he sighed, stopping himself from getting angry, “or Bieber?”

“You Shawn Peterr, it’s always been you.” I assured him, turning to face him.

“Then why where you being so cold?”

I took a deep breathing knowing I’d have to just be honest with him, “because I wasn’t sure who loved.”

“What are you talking about?”

I sobbed suddenly and held my hand over my mouth to silence my cries, Shawn quickly pulled me in close to him, and I cried on his shoulder. Not being able to stop the tears anymore, just crying my eyes out until I had none left inside me.

Finally, all that escaped my body was sniffles.

“Hailey Baldwin.” I mumbled into his jacket.

“What?”

I pulled away and looked at my hands in my lap, “I said, Hailey Baldwin, she’s the girl who’s made me feel this way.”

“What did she do to you?”

“Nothing… Nothing at all, well besides captivate your attention,” I chuckled coldly.

“What? She’s just my friend Camila"

“It doesn’t feel like that, when you cancel our plans to be with her. When you abandon me just because she calls out to you. When you don’t answer my calls or texts, but when we’re together and she happens to text or call you, you immediately stop our conversation to talk to her. I just don’t feel like I’m your number one anymore Shawn. And you know me, I’m not going to fight to be important to you. Either it’s me or it’s not.”

He sighed and looked down at my broken state, my eyebrows frowned in frustration, and my lips slightly parted as I debated on whether or not I needed to say anything else. Slowly he took my hands in his and brought them to his lips before resting them in his lap.

“You are the most important person in my life, beside my mother and my brother Camila, and you should know this, it’s my job to make sure you do, but I’ve failed you. I let you think that some girl was more important than you, but she’s not.” His voice cracked and I felt the tears prick my eyes again. “You are my sun, my moon and my stars. You’re my princess Camila and I’m so sorry that I made you question if I loved you at all, because truly, you have my entire heart. I don’t want anyone else but you. You have to believe me.”

“I do, but why were you giving her so much attention then?” I needed to put my mind at ease.

“Because,” he sighed. “She was helping me pick out this.”

Suddenly Shawn got down on one knee, and pulled out a little black box and I gasped. “No. No way, what is happening?”

“Camila,” he softly grabbed my left hand and kissed my knuckle again, “I love you so, so, so much, and I plan on marrying you one day but for now will you accept this promise ring, and be my princess forever? Well until we have a little girl and then you become my queen.”

I chuckled and started to cry again, “Of course I will.”

Shawn quickly slid the ring onto my left ring finger, knowing I would immediately jump into his arm, and wrap my arms around his neck soon after. He continuously told me he loved me over and over again, kissing my neck, making me giggle in his arms.

I pulled away for a second and admired Shawn's face, I pushed back his curls and left a kiss on the corner of his lips, making him roll his eyes.

“If you’re going to kiss me, you better kiss me properly princess.”