A Stupid Deterrent of My Happiness

(This chapter isn't continuing with Ocelot quite yet but it is an important introduction to a little bit of the next chapter.)

So, we left off at the last day of school and Ocelot saying we should do something right?

Right???

Well, the month of June passed and we never said a single thing to each other.

At the beginning of July, I commented on his Snapchat story and he replied saying we should hang out. I threw out some ideas and he never responded. Left me on 'read', the stupid beetch. (I might be a wee bit salty about that.)

Two weeks later he finally replied. He said he got caught up in work and that if we wanted to hang out we could do something in two more weeks. Work would be out of the way since he was quitting for college. He also told me to pick out the place since he wasn't good at that stuff.

Ocelot, again, didn't say anything to me for a few more days. I messaged him a reminder on a Tuesday while I was at the mall with my friends, telling him that it was the last day I could request off work for the following week. Late that night, he responded saying that the next Tuesday would be good.

During these long and short periods of silence where he didn't respond, he sure had fun hanging out with his two best friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being clinging and whining about not being a priority. I know I'm not a priority and that's cool. I know I'm not his best friend and I'm fine with that. The only reason I got frustrated was because he didn't bother to even message me back. (Never did I ever think I would be complaining about getting a text back, lmao, I thought I wouldn't like a guy like that.)

But whenever he did message me again, I got annoyed for 0.2 seconds and the forgot about my annoyance. I felt like a fool. Oof. Literally, that makes me hate myself. Love is blind, but so are these childish crushes.

Anyway, back to exactly a week before I was supposed to hang out with Ocelot. Something treacherous, awful, detrimental, disastrous, malign, inimical, and ruinous happened. It was my fault essentially, though the situation was way more extremely than it had to be because my mother was back on that bullsheet. I've already previously mentioned how our relationship isn't that good, and that her and I just don't get along that well.

Well, I mean I did do something wrong: I broke the rules of my household.

I wore something 'inappropriate'.

I understand that word is 100% subjective to interpretation in terms of clothing, so when I tell you what I wore we both have to keep in mind that my parents have a different idea of modesty.

I was going out to the mall with my friends (as previously mentioned) and you know how it is. You gotta be cute. For me, it's not for guys. I just like to look nice and #slaaaaaay  with my friends. Fashion is fun and makes me confident.

So, I wore jeans and a shirt that was a wee bit short. It wasn't really even a crop top but it also had small holes in it. And honestly, I had some overall shorts I was actually going to wear with the shirt that I knew I wasn't allowed to wear, but I had bought them myself anyway.

It was as I was putting my purse and these shorts in my car that I was exposed.

My mom walked out of the house (she had been on her computer in her room the whole morning, except to get coffee) to tell me not to leave yet because she wanted to "pray" with my friends since we were going to be driving like an hour to get to the mall.

But she gave me a once over.

"Why do you have a shirt with holes in it? I haven't seen that one before."