One Last Rendezvous Before Shit Gets Real (PART 2)

"This last chapter should be finished by September." I said... Now it's the end ofDecember. :/

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, but there are two people in the other building looking right at us."

We backed away and retreated further into the center of our own building. A wall blocked us from seeing the other party.

"Should we go?" I asked.

"We probably should." We started moving towards the way we came in.

"Darn, I really wish we could've explored more."

We both glanced back. The people had kept walking through the other building, but again, they were staring straight at us. Quickly, we exited and hid behind the brick walls.

Ocelot started walking off to another part of the building we had been in. "I'm going to get our bags."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, just stay here. I'll be right back."

This is how people diiiiiie, I sing-songed mentally.

He quickly returned with all three bags. I took my book bag-purse from him and we headed back down the hill, but this time we didn't go by the fallen tree to avoid the debris.

It was a lot easier, seeing as we could just slide a little bit and hold onto the trees around us. Ocelot had gone first, so I follow his foot steps. At the bottom was one last pile of brush before we made it back to the clearer area near the trail. He stepped on top of that and jumped off into the clearing.

I did the same but the branches cracked under me, and for the second time, I almost face planted.

"C'mon, Alpaca. I didn't break those."

I scrunched up my face in mock anger, "Are you calling me fat?"

He laughed. Just laughed. There goes my confidence.

LAWL, I'm joking you guys. Ain't no man gon' effect my self confidence. I'M A BAD BITCH AND I KNOW IT.

Jokes.

We went back to the trail and followed it the rest of the way. Ocelot pointed out that it was quite a shame we didn't get to do any graffiti in the building. We had drug the bag of paint along for nothing.

So, remember how there were really bad mosquitoes at the beginning of the trail? Well, this second half of it seemed to be all spiders. And, for some odd reason, they came at me. Not Ocelot. He made fun of me for catching all the spiders and webs even though he was the one walking in front.

Those bitches were out for me.

As we walked, I attempted to put my hair in a ponytail but that was ugly so I quickly switched to a French braid. I mumbled a comment about it being hot.

Ocelot glanced back at me for a second, "I wish my hair could be braided."

There were a few times in school where a girl had braided his hair. It was just long enough to do a tiny French braid or cornrows. "I would if I was good enough. I can barely do my own hair."

WHY did I say that?!?! It's true that I suck at doing hair but it would've given me an opportunity to touch the curls. I wanted to touch the curls.

It didn't take us too long to make it to the end of the trail. It dead ended at a chain link fence about seven or eight feet tall. Here, the woods also ended. Right on the other side was green grass and architecture. Straight ahead was a low brick building that Ocelot suspected was still apart of the train yard. To the left was a gentle slope upwards and another fence. To the right was a wooden privacy fence and houses.