23. "Best birthday ever."

Ok so it's the week of Brad's birthday. It's currently Tuesday and Brad's birthday is on Friday. I really want to do something special for him but I know that my mum will want to go out for a meal, the four of us, and although that's nice, I kind of want to be alone with Brad.

Maybe I'll book us a hotel in London for the weekend? Actually he spends most of his life in London for work, he won't want to be there for his birthday.

I continue searching on my laptop on air b&b for different apartments and houses around the U.K. that are available for the weekend. After what feels like hours I finally find the perfect place.

I go downstairs to find my mum and Derek cooking breakfast. "Morning" I say as I rub my sleepy eyes.

"Morning love how did you sleep?" My mum asks me.

"Yeah good thanks, where's Brad?" I ask them both.

"Probably still in bed, you know what he's like." Derek says with a small chuckle.

Then again it is almost 9am and Brad's average time for waking up is 11am so I'm not too surprised that he isn't awake.

*****

I get dressed into washed blue ripped jeans, a white top where the straps are crossed at the back and my slip on checkerboard vans. After I've run the straighteners over my hair I say my goodbyes to my mum and Derek and get in the car.

I haven't seen Ella in what feels like forever even though it was only the other week so I decide to call her so she can help me buy Brad's birthday present.

I pull up to Ella's house and see her waving frantically as she jumps in the car and hugs me. "I've missed you so much" she tells me

"I've missed you too." I say back to her. "Maybe we should just move in together, then we wouldn't miss each other so much." I say as I start the engine of the car.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Ella says and we both start laughing.

I park in the Bullring car park and we get in the lift to go up to the shopping centre.

"What do you think I should get Brad for his birthday?" I ask Ella as we're walking past all the shops.

"Omg I know!" Ella says as she grabs my hand and drags me into Thomas Sabo the jewellery shop.

"Urmmm I know your birthday is coming up but this is for Brad not you. Why are we in here?" I ask Ella.

"God you clearly don't know him well at all do you?" Ella's says to me as she chuckles and heads over to the men's section of jewellery.

We start to look at the rings and necklaces. I've noticed that Brad wears a necklace and a few rings but I haven't thought much of it.

After a while of looking at the glass cabinets with the jewellery in it, I spot a silver ring which has a big black stone in the middle of it. It's very chunky but looks manly so I'd hope Brad wouldn't feel girly wearing it.

I show Ella and she agrees with me that it's the one. After paying another idea pops into my head.

"Where's the nearest guitar store?" I ask Ella who comes to town a lot more than me. Even though I'm from Birmingham, I live in Sutton which is on the outskirts so I rarely come into town as it's a 40 minute drive.

"Just down this road. Why?" She asks as we start walking out of the Bullring and onto a side road.

"I have an idea." I tell her and she just nods.

We reach the shop and I buy the thing I want. Me and Ella then head back to my house and are greeted by Brad and the boys sitting on the sofa in the living room.