17. "Should I feel jealous?"

I wake up to find myself in an empty bed, no Brad, no one just me. Maybe he woke up early and went back into the room with James so no one was suspicious?

"Let's go to the beach-each lets go get away." I hear someone singing from the corridor.

I drag myself out of bed and throw on a big t-shirt. I open the bedroom door and walk to the stairs as I see the four boys at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway jokingly singing and making up songs as Tris makes a beat. They're all just in shorts and have towels around their necks or in their hands so I'm guessing by what they were singing and what they're wearing that today we're going to the beach.

I go into Ella's room just to check on her. "Ellaaaa" I sing as I walk into the room.

"Hurry up the boys are waiting for us, they've been awake for hours." Ella says to me as she's putting her hair into a bun.

They really are like kids aren't they? They come into your room because they can't sleep then they wake up at the crack of dawn.

I go into my room and throw on a bikini and some shorts. I grab my phone and sunglasses and then I head downstairs.

"Morning" I say as I walk down the stairs. My eyes immediately meet Brad's.

"Morning Sophie, how did you sleep?" My eyes leave Brad's and follow the direction of where that voice came from which was Connor.

"Fine thanks, how about you lot?" I say back to them. I can't help but see a smirk on Brad's face.

They all just nod and say 'yeah great' or 'best sleep ever'.

"I don't understand how you're all so awake at this time in the morning." I gained a few chuckles from the boys.

"What?" I question.

"Um it's lunchtime." Tris says whilst showing me the time on his phone.

Ahh that explains why they're so awake. Here's me thinking it's like 8am.

I just laugh with them then once Ella is downstairs we all start walking to the beach.

Tris and James are up in front even though I'm pretty sure they don't know where they're going. Ella is in front of me talking to Connor. Those two get on like a house on bloody fire. And I'm with Brad, we haven't really said much we're both just laughing every now and then at something Tris or James will do.

I can feel Brad's eyes on me and I wonder if he's going to tell me why he wasn't in my room when I woke up. I'm sure it's just because he didn't want James to ask him hundreds of questions but still, he could at least tell me why.

We arrive at the beach and lay down our towels on the sand. Me and Ella get comfy as the four boys jump in the sea and start pushing each other under. They're so childish but at the same time they're all so funny to watch.

There's a volleyball pitch behind us but the ball keeps coming over to me and Ella. Whether the people playing volleyball are doing it on purpose or not I don't know but it's kind of annoying. We don't give it any attention as me and Ella both close our eyes and take in the sea breeze.

Before I know it, I feel wet splashes dropping on me and I look up to see all 4 boys shaking their hair on me and Ella.

I scream and start laughing but mine and Ella's behaviours causes us to get a few stares from people. Like I care what they think.

The boys then lay down on their towels and so all six of us were in a row. I feel the volleyball land near us again but me and Ella don't entertain it so we just ignore it however the boys don't know that they've been doing this THE WHOLE time they've been in the sea so Brad stands up and throws the ball back.