Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Marissa’s POV

“So yea after being thrown out of a car half a mile from this town and having to walk here made me find this coffee shop, I'm kind of glad they threw me out of the car because otherwise I would have never stopped in this small town for anything” I was laughing so hard by now, he got thrown out of a car by another pack’s alpha.

“Wow you make quite an impression” I took another sip of my coffee and look up at Zane to see him staring at me intently.  “What?” a small smile was set on my face as I looked at him, this is the first real bonding experience we’ve had. And the scary part is that I actually enjoy it, I don’t know where this is going really

“Nothing” he mumbled and seemed to snap out of his little trance. “So you want to go for a run now?” he asked. “Yea that sounds great” I stood up and threw the empty cup away, which was some of the best coffee I had ever tasted.

Zane’s POV

We walked out the door together and I couldn’t help but stare at her yet again, she looked so beautiful and even know I didn’t want to admit it I was mesmerized by her. she was glowing and I loved seeing her smile. we got into the car and I drove a little more outside of town, there was the perfect area of woods to run in that didn’t belong to any pack so we could run freely.

Twenty minutes later I stopped the car along the side of the road, we could walk the rest of the way into the woods. I looked over at her too see that she was looking out the window deep in thought. “Marissa” I said softly. she seemed to snap out of it and looked over at me. “Ready?” she nodded and got out of the car.  

We each went behind a tree and stripped out of our clothes and shifted into out wolves. I looked at her beautiful brown wolf with a mix of black in it and she was still beautiful, the size of her wolf was bigger than a normal female as if her wolf had some power that she didn’t know about.

I nodded and started running slowly then eventually picking up speed. We had quite a long run before stopping somewhere in the middle of the woods. It was a small clearing with trees lining the outside of it and long green grass in the middle. It was rather plain but very clean and had a peaceful feeling.

We laid there for a little before I looked over at her and saw that she was looking into the woods. I don’t know what came over me but I got up and moved closer to her, I laid down next to her and rested my head a couple inches beside hers. She looked over at me and stared into my eyes but made no movement to move away.

We just laid there looking at each other, it was a peaceful moment, one that I didn’t want to end. I don’t know how long we simply laid there looking into each others eyes but before we knew it the night was already turning a shade of midnight purple.

To think that we went out for breakfast and spent hours in the woods running and laying down, just enjoying each other’s company.

My dad was probably wondering where I was the whole day. we ran back to the spot and got changed. When I saw her in her human form I couldn’t bring myself to say anything. I don’t know what to say about what happened today but I don’t want to ruin it.

We got into the car silently and I saw that it was already around eight. She must be getting hungry now, we could go back and eat at the pack house. or we could go out for dinner…. Hmm I would get her for myself for another couple hours if I took her out.

Marissa’s POV

We rode silently in the car, to be honest I enjoyed today a lot. I don’t know what happened between us but it was really nice. None of us has said a word yet but I don’t want to be the first. “Do you want to go out and get some dinner before we go back to the pack house?” he spoke up.