Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Marissa’s POV

I guess it’s true when people say that moments can change you. The day had went by fast and now I was standing outside my dorm simply staring up at the stars. It was so beautiful out, I just couldn’t help it. I thought about home and how it was so different. I hated how sometimes I just didn’t know what to do next and now was one of those times. I wasn’t sure if I made the right decision by saying yes to Paris.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, they were warm and gentle. I automatically knew it was pair’s arms. “What are you thinking about?” he whispered softly into my ear.

“Home” I admitted to him. I turned around in his arms to look at him. He truly was a sight to look at, he wasn’t only caring but he was good looking. Kind of like Alex, I really missed him. we were great together and I kind of wish he didn’t have a mate so I could have him to myself, but fate has a plan and he just wasn’t meant for me – which really was too bad.

“Well stop it, you’re here with me now and I promise you you’re going to be ok” he stared deep into my eyes and said.

“I never said I wasn’t going to be ok” I fired back at him. I didn’t like letting people in my emotions so when it came to this kind of stuff I got a little defensive.

“I know I just want you to know I'm here for you” he said. As I looked at him I noticed a little sparkle in his eye, something was just a little bit off about him tonight.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him while completely changing the subject.

“Nothing, why would you ask that?” he asked back trying to cover it up.

“Don’t lie to me Paris I can see it on your face. Something is going on” I looked at him again and I saw a look of guilt cross his face.

“I can’t do this. I just can’t” he shook his head and broke away from me. I looked at him confused and a little hurt.

“What do you mean?” I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“This was all a dare. The kids up here dared me to make you fall for me, but after hearing your story and being with you. Well I just can’t even stand to be pretend” he said. I looked at him with a broken expression. I guess I did it again, I trusted a little to fast and the same thing happened.

“So you played with my feelings?” I asked him with anger clear in my voice.

“Well yes, but no I never meant to hurt you. It was all a big game. When you showed up here we could all tell you didn’t belong here. I'm sorry Marissa” he said sadly. He looked at the ground to avoid all eye contact with me.

“Don’t be sorry just leave” I shook my head as tears rose to my eyes. This was a lesson if anything. A lesson that not everything everyone says is true.

“Ok” he said before walking away. So now I was truly alone. the other girl that was suppose to be my friend, well maybe she was all a lie too. I really wasn’t meant for this place. The only options now is to push through this or walk away, but if I walked away I would be walking away from my family, my pack, and leaving my mate behind forever.

Coming here only taught me another lesson in life. if I was to leave I could to it right now, leave this campus and maybe start a life as an honest living human. I graduated from high school a month early due to the alpha taking me out, I could walk away from this whole werewolf life and start a normal one. I could go and live in the human world, go to college, get a job, live down there and forget that I was ever born a werewolf. What more did I have?

The only fiends I had was Kyle and Sean, they were miles away. My alpha didn’t give a shit about me, my mate rejected me and my dad was dead. It was official, my life sucked. I reached up and touched the pendant that was placed around me neck that Kyle has given me. I felt the enragement on the back and suddenly I wasn’t so sure if I should walk away.

‘Stay strong’

I remembered what it said when I first looked at it and what Kyle told me. if he believed in my then why couldn’t I? Should I leave or go?

Zane’s POV

It was night time now and the flight left in the morning. I would be leaving here to go and follow Marissa. It was official, I was so head over heels in love with her. I couldn’t live here knowing that I passed up the opportunity to be with her. I needed to try, and I had three days to do so.

“Dad is there anyway we could get an earlier flight?” I asked as I tapped my foot impatiently.

“Would you just wait one more day?” he snapped back at me. He was a little annoyed at the fact that all I could talk about was Marissa. I guess I only reminded him of his mistake when I talked about her but I count help it.

“I don’t know I have this crazy feeling that I have to be there today, like I need to be there tonight. I don’t want it to be to late” I spoke but the words that came out of my mouth wasn’t what I was going to say, it was what I was feeling.

“What can possibly happen tonight out of all nights. She’s only been there two nights Zane” My dad looked up at me for a split second only to roll his eyes.

“You always told me I should trust my instincts so let me go, I need to find a flight there” I pressed the matter.

“Fine! Go and pack dammit, I will call the airlines and call in a favor. You can leave tonight then” He roared at me, with annoyance plastered all over his face.

I smiled brightly at him and hopped on out of his office. I would be down there in less than a couple of hours now.

‘Zane your flight is leaving in two hours so as soon as your done packing head on out to the airport, you and John will be going together so he doesn’t have to leave tomorrow by himself’ my dad said through the mind link.

I didn’t even bother responding to that. I finished packing in record time thanks to my motivation.  And when I walked down the stairs John was already there with his suitcase with a smug look on his face. Before I could even say anything he spoke up. “I packed this afternoon, which saved me the rush now” I simply sent him a mock glare before following him out the door. Light snow feathered down on us, that reminded me that it was almost Christmas. It would be nice to get Marissa home for the holidays so we could spend the time together.

-

I practically ran through the airport and outside with John racing and cursing behind me. As soon as the plane had touched down I was off of it and on my way out. I was in a rush and I could clearly tell john didn’t appreciate It much.

I ran towards a cab that was parked outside of the airport and jumped in. I had to wait a few seconds before John got it and gave me a hard look.

“You couldn’t wait a couple more minutes could you?” he complained. I ignored him and told the cab driver where to go.

I was almost there, I was minutes away from being there for her. once she sees me there she has to know how much I really love her. I was desperate at this point.

“Can you not go any faster? I have somewhere important to be!” I yelled at the cab driver.

“Just because you want me to go faster isn’t going to make traffic go any faster so don’t expect it to happen” He shot back over at me along with a nasty glare. I rolled my eyes, cab drivers were so rude.

I kept on tapping my fingers against the glass in anticipation. We were almost there, we were in a dead area by now, not much people veer came here but I knew where I was since I had to come here before. The cab slowed to a stop in front of the gates to the school. I threw his money at him and ran out of the cab.

This was it. 

---------------

So there it is! What do you guys want to happen?? Vote and comment pleaseee!! As always i appreciate the support!