Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Marissa’s POV

2 Weeks Later

I guess what everyone back home wants to hear is that I want to come home, that I hate it here. Well half of that is true, this place isn’t really for me but I don’t absolutely hate it. I do miss everyone back home but I have made two friends, possibly the only people I really like here. I keep thinking about Zane though, I'm not sure whether to forgive him and move on with our lives together when I get back or be stubborn with it.

Does he even regret it? But I guess I shouldn’t even be thinking about that yet. I’ve been here for two weeks opposed to two years.

“Marissa!” I heard Paris whine. He was one of the two people I actually like here. He was friendly and he knows my story. I didn’t want anything holding me back so I told him. He’s funny and protective, he’s a good fighter and he can relate to what I have going on. his mate rejected him too but the difference is that he moved on and he doesn’t care about her anymore.

“Oh come on it’s not that hard, figure it out yourself” I waved him off. We were in my room studying right now, we had some sort of defense test in a few days and this was something Paris just didn’t get.

“But what does it mean?” he asked again.

“What does what mean?” I asked giving into him so I can just get on with my own work.

“What do you mean what does what mean?” he asked back

“What?” I asked, now confused.

“I don’t know anymore” he said. suddenly we both bursted out laughing.

“I think we’ve been studying for a little too long” he said in-between laughs.

“I agree, let’s go and get something to eat” I stood up and closed my books. This place was actually really big and it had a campus, which was good. In a way it was kind of like a collage. But instead our classes were mostly about how to defeat our opponent.

“Oh yea I figured I should mention this to you. Me and Sarah were talking a couple days ago and we were talking about this legend that graduated from here, his name was John and I remember you saying something about  John from here. Is he the same person?” Paris asked. I winced a little, memories of home coming back to me. I didn’t really want to think about it much, I never really talked to john again after I was told I would be getting shipped off here.

“Uh I don’t know, I don’t remember his last name” I admitted.

“Oh well the famous John is coming here today to demonstrate in one of our classes. It’s kind of a special visit” He shrugged and said. He was clearly excited for it but I was praying to god it wasn’t the same John that I knew. He was still there when I left and it’s just going to be plain awkward.

“What class anyway?” I asked as we sat down at one of the tables in a restaurant.

“The offensive one in like an hour” He mumbled while looking at the menu.

“Oh” I mumbled. I picked up my menu and looked through it, trying to distract myself from the thought of home.

Zane’s POV

Two weeks without her was the absolute the worst. I don’t think I'm going to get closure until I can see her again, which will be on the next holiday or something when she’s actually aloud to come home or we’re aloud to visit her. I find myself always wishing I had said nothing to my dad that day, I wish that I stuck by her side and then maybe we wouldn’t have been in this situation right now.