Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I stood there for a second, going through what had just happened. He had broken me, but what could I expect. That he would welcome me and love me with open arms? He’s Zane Anderson. He can have who he wants. I’m not going to say any of those girls out there are better than me, but I will say that he made the wrong choice. He’s going to have to live with it. I hope he’s happy. Because I'm one piece away from shattering.

I took a deep breath in and left the classroom, Sean was going to be out any minute. I walked out into the quiet hallways  and waited by the office, I had to keep taking deep breaths in and tell myself I wouldn’t let this break me. it’s not the end of the world. I would be just fine. I didn’t notice when Sean came out of the office and looked at me strangely. “oh sorry, let’s go” I said pushing myself off the wall. “so I guess you haven’t figured it out yet, but I'm a wolf” he said like he was talking about the weather. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to face him. “you a what?” I questioned with my eyes wide. How come I couldn’t smell his scent?

“I'm a wolf like you” he said more slowly. I narrowed my eyes at him “and why can’t I smell you then?” i started walking again, but I slowed down when I remembered I had math with Zane. “because I didn’t need the whole school knowing I was a wolf, I found a way to cover my scent” he admitted. “and I'm guessing the alpha doesn’t know your  on the land. And you do know when he figures it out your going to have to tell him how you covered your scent” I pointed out. his secret would be ruined. Not many people knew how to cover their scents, that was the one things that gave us away when attacking, you could smell the wolves. “Well actually I was hoping that you would take me to your alpha after school and I would join the pack, and as for that I have no plans on telling him I covered my scent. I would tell him I don’t know how people didn’t know. It should wear off by then” he was pretty smart.

“Well then sure.” I know he wouldn’t be hanging out with me for long, I didn’t have friends, but no one was rude of mean to much except for my brother and Zane. They found their fun out of making me miserable. Everyone else would just laugh along or stay quiet.

“Well thanks Marissa you’re the first person I met here, and they say the first is always a good sign” he winked at me and I rolled my eyes. He won’t be saying that for long.  I didn’t even realise we were already in front of the class. “Ok so you’ll take me to photography after?” I nodded and opened the door. This school was a school for wolves and humans; it would be nice to have our own so we wouldn’t have to hide, but that would draw to much suspicion.  The teacher was writing some work on the board when we walked in. she turned out heads to us and looked at us in surprise. “well I see we have a new student then” she said looking at Sean.

“uh yea I'm Sean” he said looking at Mrs. Green. “ok well take a seat wherever you like” she said motioning towards the class.  I didn’t look at anyone, but I could smell where Zane was so I took a seat on the opposite side of the classroom.  Sean walked up and sat beside me. I looked over at him surprised, I was probably the only one he knew for now. I looked over to where Zane was to see him looking at me. I tore my eyes away quickly and looked back up at the board.

“ok well coy down the work on the board and you can work with a partner to get the answers” she said finishing whatever she was writing. I took out a pencil and a piece of paper. Out of the corner of my vision I saw a guy walk up to Sean and ask him to be partners. Sean politely declined, and then turned to me “partners” he asked. “Sure” I responded and began copying the questions down. We worked through them pretty fast; he was smart and knew what he was talking about. So we were done a couple minutes before the bell.

“so anyone from the pack in this class?” he asked. There was a few. Not many I liked but maybe some he would like. “ok well  over there is Zane, he’s the next alpha in line. Kyle is next to him, that’s his friend then there is Claire and Remy next to him. They are all part of the pack” I said. There wasn’t too many of us kids in the pack. so tonight he could probably meet them.  “sorry to say but Zane looks kind of like a jerk” I raised my eyebrows in surprise, wow. Maybe he was a little different than the rest. The normal wolves that come here want to fit in with Zane and his friends normally.