Time Turners

Jack's POV

We're in a carriage on our way to school when Hermione asks me a question. "So Jack are you allowed to go to Hogsmeade?"

"Yes" I say and they all look at me shocked. "What's wrong?" I ask them confused.

"I can't go, Uncle Vernon never signed my form and neither did the minster for magic" Harry explains. "How did you godfather's sign it?" he asks me.

"Uncle Remus signed it the day I got my letter, before we saw that Sirius Black had escaped Azkaban. I'm sure he wouldn't of signed it if he knew before hand" I explain. "But he and Snape may choose to say I can't go" I add.

"You told me I'd meet your other godfather and that he's the new DADAs teacher. Was it the man on the train?" he asks me.

"Yep, that's uncle Remus" I say smiling. "Though I have to call him Lupin or Professor Lupin while we're in school. Like with Uncle Severus" I explain and again they looked at me shocked. "What is it this time?" I ask them.

"You just called Snape, uncle" Ron and Harry state.

"So? He and Uncle Remus practically raised me. So they are both like uncles to me, so I call them that. Though Uncle Severus does not enjoy it when I call him uncle" I explain chuckling.

"So you're a Metamorphmagus right?" Hermione asks me and I nod my head.

"Then why don't you use your ability more often?" Ron asks me.

"I'm still learning from Tonks, who is an other Metamorphmagus" I partially lie. Tonks did teach me everything I know. But I'm not still learning.

"Can you make an animal face?" he asks me. Nodding my head I turn my mouth and nose into a ducks bill. They all laugh as I quack. Just then we pull up in front of the castle. We get out to be meet by a drawling voice and I sigh in annoyance going for my wand.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottorn telling the truth? You actually fainted?" Malfoy asks my brother. Malfoy elbowed past Hermione to block our way up the stone steps to the castle.

"Are you ok Hermione?" I ask her as Ron tells Malfoy to leave. But he doesn't.

"I'm fine, just get rid of him" she tells me and I nod my head drawing my wand. I point it at Draco.

"Is there a problem?" uncle Remus asks before I could speak. "Jack put away your wand" he tells me. I do so with a sigh glaring at Malfoy.

"None at all professor" Malfoy says before leaving.

"Jack see me in my office after dinner" Uncle Remus tells me before leaving. Once we enter the castle professor McGonagall calls Harry, Hermione and my names. She sends Ron on his way and leads us other three to her office. Where Madame Pomfrey joins us and goes to examine Harry. Who becomes uncomfortable as I try not to laugh.

"What does he need?" Professor McGonagall asks crisply. "Bed rest? Should he perhaps spend tonight in the hospital wing?" she asks.

"I'm fine" Harry shouts.

"He should have some chocolate at least" Madame Pomfrey states.

"I already had some" Harry states.

"True, Uncle Remus gave him some on the train" I explain.

"Did he, now?" Madam Pomfrey asks approvingly. "So we've finally got a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who knows his remedies?" she asks.

"Are you sure you're alright Potter?" Professor McGonagall asks him.

"Yes" he says nodding his head.

"I'll make sure he has more chocolate during dessert" I assure the adults. Madame Pomfrey leaves the room.

"Very well. Kindly wait outside while I have a quick word with Miss Granger and your brother about their course schedules, then we can go down to the feast together" Professor McGonagall tells Harry. He nods his head and goes outside to wait. "Now I've been in contact with ministry since I got your requests to do all the new subjects as well as your current ones. I convinced them you are both hard working students who follow the rules" she explains.

"So we can do all the subjects?" Hermione asks looking hopeful. Professor McGonagall nods her head and hands us each a small box.

"These are time turners, they are for lessons only. One turn back you'll go back an hour. If you try to alter the past or use them for other means. They'll be confiscated and you'll have to drop two subjects to receive a normal time table. Also no telling anyone you have them" she explains. "They're expensive also, so take good care of them" she adds.

"We will" Hermione says smiling as she puts her's on and I do the same with mine.

"And we promise to only use them for classes" I add smiling. Professor McGonagall eyes me suspiciously, but says nothing. We leave the room and walk with Harry to the great hall. once there we see we'd missed the sorting ceremony as we sit down with Ron. During dinner Dumbledore announced Uncle Remus as the new DADA's teacher and how Hagrid is now the Care of Magical Creatures professor.

After dinner I grab the Weasley twins and drag them to a secret passage. "What's this about Jack?" they ask me.

"Ron's right, that can be annoying" I tell them smiling. "Anyway, look at what Professor McGonagall gave me earlier" I say showing them the time turner.

"Is that a real time turner?" George asks in awe.

"How did you manage to get her to give it to you?" Fred asks.

"I'm taking every subject this year and this is our ticket to getting away with pranking Snape" I tell them smirking. They also smirk.

"When?" they ask.

"Not until April" I state putting it away and they pout. "If I use it now it could be confiscated and I need it to get to all my classes. Besides there is still planning to be done. Like what to do to Snape? Which of you two is coming back in time with me? And I still need to borrow Harry's cloak" I explain.

"How do we..." George starts to say.

"Decide which of us join you?" Fred finishes gesturing between him and George.

"Simple, a prank war. With Sirius Black on the loose, the school need entertainment to get their minds off of him. Contest ends on New Years eve and the winner is announced on New Years day. The winner joins me" I explain.

"Who's the judge?" they ask.

"I am" I state and we leave the passage way. As we start to head for the tower someone calls my name. We turn to see none other then Professor Snape. "You two go on ahead, I'll see you tomorrow" I tell them. They nod their heads and leave as Snape reaches me.

"You're suppose to be in Lupin's office" he states.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that" I say scratching the back of my neck. He then leads me there so that I don't wonder off again. When we get there we see Uncle Remus, Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore.

A/N

Gif above showing how Jack changed his face.