Nightmare and Break-In

(Dream) Jack's POV

"There you are Potters" Snape sneers coming up out of the tunnel below the whomping willow. A growl is heard behind him. He turns and looks up at the full grown werewolf. He shields us with his body. The werewolf swipes at us, knocking us to the ground. Suddenly the Grim appears in front of us snarling at the werewolf. It charges it and they look tooth & claw fighting.

(End of Dream)

I wake and scream breathing hard covered in sweat. I think about the dream. Remembering some details. The others and I were wearing the same clothes as when the grim charged Harry, Hermione and I. But this is at nighttime and it was diffidently a full moon with a werewolf there. But the only werewolf at Hogwarts is Uncle Moony and he always takes his potion. Before locking himself in his office.

I have to tell Professor Dumbledore about this. I grab my dressing gown and put it on changing my look. Then slip my feet into my slippers. Suddenly a yell of fear is heard from the boys dormitory. I rush downstairs and see the portrait hole close. The common room was lit with the glow of the dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party.

Just then the boys appear from their dorm as the girls appear from theirs. "Who screamed? What happened?" Hermione asks.

"Are you ok Harry?" I ask my brother.

"I'm fine" he assures me. "Are you sure you weren't dreaming Ron?" he asks him.

"I'm telling you, I saw him" Ron tells him.

"What's with all this noise?" Percy demands as he enters the coomon room pinning his head boy badge on. "Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed" he remind us.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred asks me excitedly. I roll my eyes, of course he wants to continue the party.

"Everyone back upstairs" Percy orders.

"Perce, Sirius Black in our dorm. With a knife woke me up" Ron tells him. What? Sirius Black was in their common room? Why didn't I have a vision of this? The only answers would be that he wasn't after Harry. But if not Harry, then who?

"Now, really, enough's enough!" Professor McGonagall exclaims as she enters the common room. She slammed the portrait behind her as she entered the common room and stared furiously around. "I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you" she states.

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor" Percy tells her. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare..." he tries to explain.

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yells annoyed and turns to Professor McGonagall. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE" he explains loudly. Professor McGonagall stared at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?" she demands.

"Why not ask Sir Cadogan" I suggest.

Professor McGonagall pushed the portrait back open and went outside. The whole common room listened with bated breath. "Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?" she asks him.

"Certainly, good lady!" he tells her cheerily.

"You -- you did? But -- But the password" she says flabbergasted.

"He had them" he says proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Read 'em off a little piece of paper" he explains.

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk. "Which person" she says in a shaky voice. "Which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?" she demands.

There was utter silence, broken by the smallest of terrified squeaks. Neville Longbottom, trembling from head to fluffy slippered toes, raised his hand slowly into the air. "Come with me Longbottom, the rest of you return to your dorms immediately" she tells us.

"Professor I need to speak to Dumbledore" I tell her.

"Then come along, I will drop you off" she grumbles. I hug Jack and follow her out of the dorm room with Neville. Who looks miserable. She drops me off and leaves as I climb the spiral stair case. Once I reached the door I knocked and a tired Dumbledore answers the door.

"Jack, why are you here? Did you have another dream?" he asks me.

"Yes, but first Sirius Black was in our common room tonight. He slashes Ron's curtains with a knife" I tell him.

"Was anyone hurt?" he asks me and I shake my head. He has me sit down as he sends out important messages to some professors. He then sits across from me. "Why did you not have a vision of this?" he asks me.

"I don't know, the only thing I can think of is because he wasn't after Harry. But if not, then who is he after?" I ask him confused.

"I do not know" he says stroking his beard.

"I had another dream tonight, it's connected to the one about the grim" I tell him. "But it was night time and there was a werewolf, along with Uncle Snape. He was protecting us from the werewolf. It knocked us down and the grim appears in front of us snarling at the werewolf. It protected us by attacking the werewolf" I explain.

"Anymore ideas when this will happen?" he asks me.

"None, maybe after exams. But I don't know for sure" I tell him.

"Very well, you may return to your dorm room" he tells me. I nod my head and leave. I'm greeted by Uncle Snape at the base of the staircase. I smile and he leads me back to Gryffindor Tower. He wishes me a goodnight handing me a dreamless sleep potion. I enter the common room to be greeted by Harry.

"You should be asleep" I tell him.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok" he states.

"I'm fine, is Neville back yet?" I ask him.

"Yes and he looked miserable" he tells me. " Professor McGonagall was so furious with him she has banned him from all future Hogsmeade visits. Given him a detention, and forbidden anyone to give him the password into the tower. Poor Neville will forced to wait outside the common room every night for somebody to let him in" he explains. "The castle was searched again whil you were gone, but Black got away again" he adds.

"They'll catch him eventually" I assure him. "I know it'll be hard, but we should both get some rest. We have lessons tomorrow" I remind him. He nods his head and hugs me. We went to our separate dorms to sleep. I took a dreamless sleep potion Uncle Snape had given me. I fall into a dreamless peaceful sleep.

A/N

Gif above of dream and picture on the external link of Ron's slashed curtains.