First Patronus Lesson

Jack's POV

Hermione figured what Uncle Remus is. But she promised to keep it secret. Harry and Ron have noticed him looking ill. But they haven't figured out what he is.

Anyway today Harry is having his first patronus lesson. He and I are walking to Uncle Remus' class room. "So tell me more about this Patronus charm" Harry tells me.

"The incantation is Expecto Patronum and it literally means 'I await a guardian'. It is an ancient and mysterious charm conjures a magical guardian. A projection of all your most positive feelings. The Patronus Charm is difficult, and many witches and wizards are unable to produce a full, corporeal Patronus. Aguardian which generally takes the shape of the animal with whom they share the deepest affinity. You may suspect, but you will never truly know what form your Patronus will take until you succeed in conjuring it" I explain.

"Can you produce a corporeal patronus?" he asks me.

"I believe so, but I've never tested it though. It happened so fast on the day of the match. I didn't see the animal" I tell him.

"How do you conjure it?" he asks me. "Do you just say the incantation?" he asks.

"No, there's more to it" I tell him. "You need to think of a real happy memory, the happiest you can think of. The stronger the memory, the stronger the patronus" I explain.

"So what does a non-corporeal patronus look like?" he asks me.

"A silvery shield" I tell him. We arrive at the classroom and go inside. The room is dark and empty. So I lit the lamps with my wand as Harry sat on a desk. We waited only five minutes when Remus turned up, carrying a large packing case, which he heaved onto his desk.

"What's that?" Harry asks him.

"I'd say a boggart" I say.

"You're correct Jack" Remus says smiling. "I've been combing the castle ever since Tuesday, and very luckily, I found this one lurking inside Mr. Filch's filing cabinet. It's the nearest we'll get to a real Dementor. The Boggart will turn into a Dementor when he sees you, so we'll be able to practice on him. I can store him in my office when we're not using him; there's a cupboard under my desk he'll like" he explains.

"Brilliant uncle" I say smiling.

"The spell I am going to try and teach you is highly advanced magic, Harry -- well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level. It is called the Patronus Charm" he tells him.

"I figured, Jack was explaining the charm on the way here and how it works" Harry tell him. "He says it turns into an animal, but what does the animal look like?" he asks him.

"It is unique for each wizard who conjures it, but each animal looks like a silvery ghost. Jack why don't you demonstrate?" Remus suggests. I nod my head and draw my wand thinking of a happy memory.

"Expecto Patronum" I say waving my wand. A silvery doe shots out of my wand. "Wow" I say in awe as it pranced around the room. It came over to me and bows it's head before disappearing.

"Awesome" Harry says and Uncle Remus smiles at me.

"Ready to try Harry?" Remus asks him. Harry nods his head drawing his wand.

"Expecto patronum" he says.

"Focus on the happy memory" I remind him.

"Right" he says and says "expecto patronum". He says it twice before something whooshed suddenly out of the end of his wand; it looked like a wisp of silvery gas. "Did you see that? Something happened!" Harry says excitedly.