Prank Planning

Jack's POV

We had just had an enjoyable lesson on hinkypunks with Uncle Remus. He then asked Harry and I to stay behind. "I heard about the match and I'm sorry about your broomstick. Is there any chance of fixing it?" he asks Harry.

"No" Harry says looking sad.

"The tree smashed it to pieces" I add.

"They planted the Whomping Willow the same year that I arrived at Hogwarts. People used to play a game, trying to get near enough to touch the trunk. In the end, a boy called Davey Gudgeon nearly lost an eye, and we were forbidden to go near it. No broomstick would have a chance" Uncle Remus explains.

"Did you hear about the Dementors too?" Harry asks him.

"Yes, I did. I don't think any of us have seen Professor Dumbledore that angry. Or Jack so worried. The Dementors have been growing restless for some time. . . furious at his refusal to let them inside the grounds. . . I suppose they were the reason you fell?" he asks harry.

"Yes" Harry says looking torn about something. "Why? Why do they affect me like that? Am I just --?" he tries to asks.

"It has nothing to do with weakness Hatty" I tell him. "The Dementors affect you worse than the others because there are horrors in your past that the others don't have. They are in mine also, but I know how to protect myself against dementors and the warning signs" I explain.

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them. Even Muggles feel their presence, though they can't see them. Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself -- soul-less and evil. You'll be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life. And the worst that happened to you and Jack. Harry is enough to make anyone fall off their broom. You have nothing to feel ashamed of" Uncle Remus assures him.

"When they get near me, I hear Voldemort killing our mum" Harry says hoarsely and I hug him. "Why did they have to come to the match?" he asks us bitterly.

"They're getting hungry" Remus states. "Dumbledore won't let them into the school, so their supply of human prey has dried up. . . I don't think they could resist the large crowd around the Quidditch field. All that excitement. . . emotions running high. . . it was their idea of a feast" he explains.

"Azkaban must be terrible" Harry mutters. Remus and  I nod our head grimly in agreement.

"The fortress is set on a tiny island, way out to sea, but they don't need walls and water to keep the prisoners in, not when they're all trapped inside their own heads, incapable of a single cheery thought. Most of them go mad within weeks" Remus explains.

"But Sirius Black escaped them" Harry growls. "He got away" he states.

"Yes, he must of found a way to fight them without a wand" I mumble.

"I wouldn't have believed it possible. . . Dementors are supposed to drain a wizard of his powers if he is left with them too long" Remus explains.

"You made the dementor on the train go away" Harry says looking at me.

"There was only one" I tell him. "The more there are, the more difficult it is to do" I state.

"Can you teach me?" he asks.

"No, but Uncle Remus could" I say and we look up at Remus.

"I don't pretend to be an expert at fighting Dementors, Harry -- quite the contrary" Remus tells him.

"But if the Dementors come to another Quidditch match, I need to be able to fight them. I can't keep relying on Jack and putting him in danger" Harry states.

"Well. . . all right. I'll try and help. But it'll have to wait until next term, I'm afraid. I have a lot to do before the holidays. I chose a very inconvenient time to fall ill" Uncle Remus tells him.

"Great, I'll be there to help" I say smiling.

"Thank you Professor, Jack" Harry says smiling. He then leaves and I remain.

"Thank you uncle" I say.

"I only do it because the dementors seem to be making it a habit going after Harry. I believe it best he knows how to defend himself" he states.

"Thank you anyway" I tell him.

"Jack, I want you to promise me something" he tells me.

"What?" I ask him curious.

"That you won't put yourself in unnecessary danger to protect Harry. Alert Severus or I" he tells me.

"I don't know if I can promise that" I tell him. "When ever I feel or see Harry in danger. My first instinct is to protect him with my life. Not caring about my own" I explain. "It's like I was born to protect him" I state.

"Please, just try and think before acting" he tells me.

"I'll try" I assure him as I give him a hug. "I'm going to go see the twins" I tell him before leaving. I find Fred and George. "So I've decided what we're going to do" I tell them smiling.

"What?" they ask curious.

"We're going to prank Severus and Remus" I tell them smirking. They look at each other before smirking back. "We are going to turn them into each other and switch their clothes. Sure it'll only last an hour. But it'll be funny while it lasts" I explains.

"Sounds wicked" they say together.

"I'll brew the potion, you both get the hairs. Remember though only one of you can travel with me. So keep pranking distracting them from me" I tell them. They agree and we go our separate ways.