Divination & Transfiguration

(Next day) Jack's POV

I woke up early and went down to breakfast with Hermione. To see the twins already there. So I walk over to Fred. "Marauder Harry" I whisper in his ear and walk away after he nodded. He whispers to George who nods his head in agreement. Hermione and I go matching timetables, then decided to time travel at the same time. So that we could help each other not get caught. Harry and Ron soon joined us.

They ate quickly and we make our way to the north tower for Divination. Which is one of the new classes we're all taking. It has to do with seeing the future. Apparently the professor is a true seer. But we shall see about that. We climb through the trap door and take a seat up front. Me sitting in between Hermione and Ron as we put our time turners away.

The professor appeared once we are all seated. "My name is Professor Trelawney. I will be your Divination teacher and together we shall cast ourselves into the future" she announces. "I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you...Books can take you only so far in this field" she states. Hermione looks shocked that books won't be able to help her in this class.

Honestly I didn't even want to be in this class. My godfathers, Professors McGonagall and Dumbledore believed it'd help see my visions more clearly. But I'm no seer, I just see when Harry is in trouble. And have a telepathic link to his mind. Nothing that special. At least I believe it isn't. I tune back into the present as Trelawney finishes her speech. She asks us to divide into pairs as we'd be reading tea leaves.

I pair up with Hermione while Harry pairs up with Ron. We drink our tea and switch cups. I decide to read Hermione's first. "There are dots in a line, that means you'll be busy this year. The there is a circle with lines in it, which means progress. So you're going to have a busy year, but make a lot of progress" I state bored.

"Not very creative Jack" she mumbles. "You look more bored then I am" she states.

"I didn't even want to do this class, but all the adults in my life. Think it's necessary" I tell her. Just then Trelawney appears at our table and asks to see Harry's cup. After Ron predicted he'd safe and be happy about it. She looked at it and drops it with a gasp of shock.

"My dear, you have the grim" she says grimly and I'm suddenly pulled into a vision. (Vision: https://media.giphy.com/media/1Ya4EsBhiQMAWNvlHd/giphy.gif). Ron was holding Scabbers while sitting under the whomping willow.

'Harry, Hermione run! It's the grim!' he shouts. The vision shifts to Harry and Hermione turning around to see a giant black dog. It charged them as I pulled out of the vision.

"Jack, are you ok?" Harry asks as he helps me up.

"My dear what did you see?" Trelawney asks.

"None of your business, I'll see you guys in class" I tell the others before fleeing the room. I sprint to Dumbledore's office knowing the other professors are teaching. "Fawkes" I say my personal password for Dumbledore's office and the gargoyle moves aside. I run up the moving staircase and knock on the door. He invites me in.

"How can I help you Jack?" he asks me.

"I had a vision in Divination, I thought best to tell you immediately" I state.

"What did you see?" he asks.

"We were doing tea leaves and Professor Trelawney said she saw the Grim in Harry's cup. I then pulled into a vision of him, Hermione and Ron. In front of the whomping willow, but they weren't alone. As I pulled out of the vision I saw a grim charge them" I explain.

"Do you know when this will happen?" he asks concerned.

"Not until after Christmas, there was no snow of the Whomping willow or the ground. But I don't have a certain day, time or month" I tell him.

"Best keep this between us, now run along to Transfiguration. I will look into this and come back if you have anymore visions" he tells me. I nod my head and head to transfiguration. I got there as Hermione told Professor McGonagall we had just had our first divination class.

"There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?" she asks us. We all star at her as Harry mumbles 'me'. "I see" she says fixing her eyes on Harry. "Then you should know, Potter, that Sibyl Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues..." she starts to explain. "Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. True Seers are very rare" she tells us.

While that maybe true, that doesn't explain my vision of a Grim charging Harry, Hermione and Ron. But I decide to say nothing as Harry and everyone else is looking happier. That no one is going to die. "You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in" Professor McGonagall tells him. Making Hermione laugh while I smile gently at Harry looking calmer. Class wait by well and we went to lunch.

"Harry you haven't seen a big black dog recently have you?" Ron asks him.

"Honestly Ron, drop the subject" I tell him annoyed.

"I saw one the night I left the Dursleys" Harry answers and I look at him shocked.

"Probably a stray" Hermione says dismissively.

"Hermione, if Harry's seen a Grim, that's — that's bad. My — my uncle Billius saw one and — and he died twenty-four hours later" Ron stutters.

"Coincidence" Hermione and I tell him.

"You don't know what you're talking about! Grims scare the living daylights out of most wizards!" Ron exclaims.

"There you have it then" Hermione tells him. "They see the Grim and die of fright. The Grim's not an omen, it's the cause of death! And Harry's still with us because he's not stupid enough to see one and think, right, well, I'd better kick the bucket then" she explains.

"Lets drop this subject and head to Care of Magical Creatures. We don't want to keep Hagrid waiting" I tell them all. They agree and we leave the castle to head to Hagrid's hut. Where we're suppose to meet him and the other students at the beginning of class.

A/N

Picture above of Harry's tea leaves and picture on the external link of Professor Trelawney.