Full Moon

Jack's POV

"Sorry about the bite. I reckon that twinges a bit" Sirius tells Ron.

"A bit?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"You almost tore my leg off!" Ron cries.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. More than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas, they're murder" Sirius explains. I chuckle at that as we reach the end of the tunnel. They go up first and I follow.

Harry and I go talk to Sirius as he looks at Hogwarts. Remus is covering Pettigrew. While Hermione talks to Ron. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I ask Sirius as I smile up at the castle.

"Sure is" Sirius says with a smile. "I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man. That was a noble thing you both did back there. He doesn't deserve it" he tells us.

"I didn't think my dad would have wanted his best friends... to become killers" Harry tells him.

"Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free" I add while smiling.

"Turn me into a maggot! Turn me into a flobber worm! Anything but the dementors!" Peter begs.

"I don't understand how you ever friends with a guy like him" I tell Sirius with a frown.

"Me neither" Sirius tells me. "I don't know if you know, Harry... but when you were born. James and Lily made me your godfather" he tells him.

"I know" Harry tells him.

"I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle... but if you ever wanted a different home" Sirius tells him.

"What? Could I live with you?" Harry asks him excited.

"It's just a thought. I can understand if you don't want too"  Sirius tells him.

"Are you insane?" I ask him.

"Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?" Harry asks him.

"We could have sleepovers" I add smiling.

"You want to? You mean it?" Sirius asks Harry.

"Yeah, I mean it!" Harry cheers smiling broadly.

"Harry, Jack!" Hermione yells. We look at her confused and she points to the sky. We look at it to see a full moon come out from behind the clouds. Uncle Remus looks at it and freezes. Sirius races over to him. I pull Harry over to the other two placing him behind me. Drawing my wand, that Uncle Remus had

"Remus, my old friend! Have you taken your potion tonight? You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart here! This flesh is only flesh" Sirius tells him. Pettigrew turns into a rat and disappears into the grass.

There was a terrible snarling noise. Remus' head is lengthening. So was his body. His shoulders were hunching. Hair was sprouting visibly on his face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws. He rears throwing Sirius off as he completely turns into a werewolf.

"Come on" Ron says pulling me back. As Harry and Hermione support him.

"Wait" I tell them as I slowly approach the werewolf.

"Jack" Harry says worried.

"Bad idea. Bad idea" Ron whimpers.

"Uncle, uncle Remus" I say in a gentle tone. The werewolf howls and starts to advance growling. Snape appears and spots the others.

"There you are, Potter! Where's Jack?" he demands. Moony growls and Snape looks at us. He uses his body to defend the others. "Jack come here" he tells me.

An enormous, bearlike dog bounded forward. It growls at Moony who growls back. They lock, jaw to jaw, claws ripping at each other. Moony throws Padfoot to the side and starts to advance towards us again. "Don't make me do this uncle" I say as I raise my wand. He swipes at me and I deck his paw. Padfoot grabs his attention and leads him away from us.

Harry runs past me. "No, Harry" I say and run after him.

"Harry, Jack!" Hermione yells behind us.

"Come back here Potters!" Snape orders. Harry ignores him and I do the same. My only focus to protect Harry. We arrive at the lake to see Moony standing over a severely hurt Padfoot. Harry throws a rock at him, gaining his attention. He starts to charge Harry and I knock Harry down. Moony jumped over us and skidded to a stop.

He turns to charge us again when we all hear another wolf's howl from inside the forest. Moony pauses and looks at the forest unsure of how to act. The howl sounds again and he runs after it. Harry and I rush over to Sirius. "You'll be ok Sirius" I assure him.

"Jack" Harry says as the air grows cold. I look up to see at least a hundred Dementors. All gliding in a black mass around the lake toward us. Harry draws his wand we stand shoulder to shoulder. I grab his free hand.

"We can do this" I tell him. "Expecto Patronum" I say and my doe appears. It starts to charge the dementors, but it's not strong enough to take on so many. "Harry, think of something happy" I tell him. "I can't do this alone" I state.

"Expecto Patronum" he says and only a silvery shield appears. Itdeflected two dementors, before it disappeared.

"A happier memory, try ignore the dementors affects on you" I tell him as I start to feel weaker. I notice my patronus becoming weaker. "No, I won't fail" I say as I try to find a happier memory. Harry passes out beside me and I notice a dementor advance on him. "No, get away from him!" I yell and send my doe at it. Driving it away. But it uses the last of my energy and I fall to my knees. I cover Harry with my body, praying that someone saves us.

The last thing I see is a blinding light was illuminating the grass around us. Driving the Dementors away. We were saved, but by who. I see the silhouettes of two people on the other side of the lake.

A/N

Gif above of werewolf and gif on the external link of Padfoot protecting the others.