Halloween Night Break-in

Jack's POV

DADA has become many of the students favourite class. The Quidditch season is fast approaching and Oliver is apparently training the team harder then ever. Draco's arm is still 'injured'. Also the first Hogsmeade visit was announced to be on Halloween and I still not allowed to go. In fact Lupin is going to have me with him all day. I would use my time turner, but I don't want to risk it being confiscated.

So I gave Fred a list of things I need from Zonko's along with some money. Telling him that he and George can use it also to buy their own products. So far it's a tie with their pranking war.

Anyway it's Halloween morning as Harry and I sit with the other two. Who have put their fight over their pets behind them for now. Due to Harry and I not being able to go to Hogsmeade. "We'll bring you lots of sweets back from Honeydukes" Hermione tells us.

"Yeah, loads" Ron adds.

"Don't worry about us" I tell them.

"We'll see you at the feast. Have a good time" Harry tells them. We go to the entrance hall with them and send them off. Before Harry decides to go to the common room and I go to Lupin's classroom.

"How was breakfast?" he asks me.

"It was ok, but I am disappointed I'm missing the Hogsmeade visit" I state.

"Once Sirius is caught, you may go on Hogsmeade visits" he assures me. "Anymore visions lately?" he asks me.

"Just the same one" I tell him shrugging. "You know Harry is all alone with our friends in Hogsmeade. Can he join us?" I ask him.

"Of course, lets go look for me. Besides I just got a grindylow, I think he'd enjoy seeing it" he states smiling. So we leave to search for Harry and find him heading towards the Owlery.

"Harry!" we call, he turns towards us and smiles.

"Do you want to come hang with us?" I ask him.

"I've just taken delivery of a Grindylow for our next lesson" Lupin adds.

"A what?" he asks confused. So he follows us to my god-father's office. In the corner stood a very large tank of water. A sickly green creature with sharp little horns had its face pressed against the glass, pulling faces and flexing its long, spindly fingers.

"Water demon" I tell Harry as we look at it.

"We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the Kappas. The trick is to break his grip. You notice the abnormally long fingers? Strong, but very brittle" Lupin explains. The Grindylow bared its green teeth and then buried itself in a tangle of weeds in a corner.

"Cup of tea?" I ask Harry and Lupin. "I was just thinking of making one" I state.

"Ah sure" he says as Lupin nods his head. I put the kettle on.

"We've only got tea bags, I'm afraid — but I daresay you both have had enough of tea leaves?" Lupin states. As I grab the tea bags and tea cups. Along with milk and sugar.

"How did you know about that?" Harry asks him.

"Professor McGonagall and Jack told me. You're not worried, are you?" Lupin asks him.

"No" Harry says, but I can tell he's lying.

"Is something bothering you Harry?" I ask him. As I pour the tea preparing it and handing it out. He takes a sip of his tea as I sit in the chair beside him.

"Yes, you know that day we fought the Boggart?" he asks us. We nod out heads. "Why didn't you let me fight it?" he asks Lupin. Who explains his reason and Harry in turn said he did think of Voldemort first. But then he remembered the night on the train.

"That suggests that what you fear most of all is — fear. Very wise, Harry" Lupin praises. Just then Snape appears with Lupin's potion and he drinks it. Harry and I then left to go study. Before going down to the feast where I'm whisked away by the twins. Who start to show me their purchases from Hogsmeade.

We enjoyed the feast before going back to the common room. Only to find the hallway to it blocked by other Gryffindors. I walked over towards Harry to hear Ginny tell him and the others that the fat lady is gone. The crowd parts as Dumbledore appears with several members of staff. I catch a glisp of the slashed portrait.  As well as Peeves floating not far from it.

"Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady" Dumbledore tells her.

"You'd be lucky" Peeves cackles happily.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Dumbledore asks him calmly.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful" Peeves explains.

"Did she say who did it?" Dumbledore asks him.

"Oh yes, Professor-head" Peeves says nodding his head. "He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see. Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black" he states. We're all sent to the great hall along with the other students. Where Dumbledore conjures up purple sleeping bags and pillows for everyone. We are barricaded in with the prefects and head students en-charge. I lay beside Harry and fell asleep.

A/N

Picture above of everyone gathered around the slashed portrait and picture on the external link of the students sleeping in the great hall.