Grim Defeat

Snape has taught DADA for Lupin. Jack was angry at him for trying to expose his other uncle. By having the class study werewolves. Luckily only Hermione figured out the truth and she promised Jack to keep it a secret.

Jack's POV

"But why not? I told you Harry falls off his broom from over fifty feet in the air. Why aren't you cancelling the match?" I ask Dumbledore annoyed. I had just had a vision of tomorrows quidditch match when I heard Gryffindor would be playing Hufflepuff instead of Slytherin.

"Because, I have taken every precaution to ensure when he falls. He'll live" he tells him calmly. "When he does I will catch him with a spell to slow him down. He may get a couple bruises, but he'll be alive" he assures me.

"Ok, but know I'll have my wand also" I tell him.

"Of course and thank you for telling me about this" he says. I nod my head and leave the room. I choose to keep my knowledge to myself so as not to worry anyone. Especially Harry, he needs to focused on the match along with the rest of the time.

(Next day, Quidditch match)

I sat with Hermione and Ron in front of the crowd on the stands. It's bucketing down with rain. "How are they going to see anything in this weather? Especially Harry?" Neville asks.

"I'm sure they'll think of something" Ron tells him. Both teams appear and the captains shake hands. Madam Hooch blow her whistle and they were off. I watched Harry raise fast, but his Nimbus was swerving slightly with the wind. But he held it as steady as turned.

(Few hours later)

I watch Harry the whole time while listening to Lee's commentary. Twice Harry was nearly knocked off of his broom by a bludger. Suddenly Oliver called a time out and Hermione disappeared from beside me. Gryffindor is currently fifty points up. But if the snitch isn't caught soon we'll play through the night. I frowned slightly until I see Hermione through my binoculars talking to the Gryffindor team.

I watch Harry hand his glasses to her and tap them with her wand. I smile, I know what she did. I did the same thing to my binoculars. I made them to repel water, so that I could see through them easier. She left the team and the match continued. "Good thinking Hermione" I say as she sits beside me.

Just then Harry and Cedric disappeared into the clouds chasing the snitch. I frown in worry as I grab my wand. Ready, as I know this is when Harry will fall and I have to save him. I know I should leave it to Dumbledore, but I feel like it is my duty to save him. To protect him always.

Suddenly the air becomes colder and I feel happiness leaving me. "Expecto Patronum!" I shout shooting my patronus into the air. To reveal a dozen dementors hovering over the field. Cedric catching the snitch. But it also reveals Harry falling from the sky. Hermione gasps in horror. "Aresto Momentum" I say pointing my wand at Harry as my patronus disappears. The spell catches him with another and he is lowered to the ground safely.

Once he touched the ground I flagged Fred over and hop onto the back of his broom. He flew us down to Harry and I kneel beside him. "You're safe now Harry, you'll be alright" I whisper stroking his hair.

Dumbledore soon appears after sending the dementors away. He conjured a stretcher and placed Harry onto it. I follow them to the hospital wing. But am made to wait outside with the team. "He'll be fine Jack" Fred assures me.

"Shame we lost the match though" Alicia says gloomily and Angelina appears. "How's Oliver?" she asks.

"Fine, disheartened about losing. But he doesn't blame Harry" she states. "I left him in the showers to calm down" she adds.

"Probably trying to drown himself" George says trying to lighten the mood and I roll my eyes at him. We're soon allowed in to see Harry. Madame Pomfrey assured us he had no life threatening wounds and could leave. Once he was awake and she examined him again.

Soon Ron and Hermione appears with a blanket fall of wood. "Is that what I think it is?" I ask.

"Yes, Professor Flitwick found by the whomping willow" Ron grumbles.

"Harry's going to be so upset, he loved that broom" I state frowning. "He can borrow mine until he gets a new one" I add. Harry soon woke up and we told him about the match.

"Diggory tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square...even Wood admits it" George finishes.

"Where is Oliver?" Harry asks us.

"Still in the shower, we think he's trying to drown himself" Fred states.

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before" I assure him as I place a hand on his shoulder.

"There had to be one time you didn't get it, we lost by a hundred points" Fred adds.

"Right? So if Hufflepuff loses to Ravenclaw and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin" Angelina states.

"Hufflepuff'll have to lose by at least two hundred points" Fred adds.

"It all depends on the points — a margin of a hundred either way. We could still win the quidditch cup" I tell Harry. "Besides, you can use my broom until you get a new one" I add.

"Thanks bro, but why would I need to borrow your broom? What happened to mine? Did someone grab it?" he asks confused. I just realized we hadn't told him about his broom's run in with the whomping willow.

"There's something else you should know, Harry. Your Nimbus - when it blew away? - it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well..." Ron explains showing him the broken broom.

"I'm sorry you lost your broom Harry" I tell him. "But you can use mine until you get a new one" I remind him.

"Thanks bro, I'll do that and look for one after Christmas" he states. The team left to change out of there outfits. While Ron, Hermione and I stayed with Harry talking to him. Until dinner time, luckily Harry had been examined again by Madame Pomfrey. She released him, telling him to ate plenty of chocolate during dessert and to go to bed early.

A/N

Picture above of Jack's jacket and gif on the external link of Jack's vision.