Time Turner

Jack's POV

I wake up on a hospital bed, in the hospital wing. I spot Harry in one beside me. Hermione standing in the middle of our beds. While Ron was on a bed on the other side of Harry. "I saw our parents" I murmur. I notice my red hair and turn back into a boy.

"Same" Harry says as we sit up.

"What?" Hermione asks us.

"They sent the dementors away" Harry tells her.

"They were across the lake" I add.

"Harry, Jack  they've captured Sirius. Any minute the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss" Hermione tells us. We look at her shocked.

"You mean they're going to kill him?" Harry asks her.

"No, it's much worse Harry. They are going to suck out his soul" I tell him. Just then Dumbledore enters the room.

"Headmaster, stop them" Hermione tells him.

"They've got the wrong man" I add.

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent" Harry states.

"It's Scabbers, who did it" Ron adds.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore asks.

"He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat.But then they gave him an owl..." Ron rambles.

"The point is, we know the truth" I tell Dumbledore.

"Please believe us" Hermione pleads.

"I do, Miss Granger. But the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true... is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen" he tells us and looks at the giant clock. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful... and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the laws, Jack and Miss Granger. You must not be seen" he reminds us. "And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight... more than one innocent life may be spared" he explains. "Three turns should do it, I think. Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck" he tells us.

I smile and get out of bed. Harry does the same as Hermione and I take out our time turners. "What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron demands.

"Sorry Ron, you'll have to stay here as you can't walk" I state as I through the chain over Harry's neck. Hermione and I turned the hourglasses over three times. The dark ward dissolved around us as we went back in time.

"What just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry asks us confused. As Hermione and I put the time turners away.

"7:30. Where were we at 7:30?" Hermione asks me.

"Going to Hagrid's" I tell her and grab Harry's hand. "Come on Harry and we can't be seen" I tell him. We run through the deserted halls to get outside. We reach the exit and see the past us.

"That's us, this is not normal" Harry mutters. Hermione pushes him against the wall while I keep watch. She shows him her time turner.

"This is a Time-Turner, Harry. McGonagall gave us each one first term. This is how we've been getting to our lessons all year" Hermione tells him.

"Also how the twins and I pranked Snape without getting caught" I add smugly.

"You mean we've gone back in time?" Harry asks us.

"Yes, Dumbledore obliviously wanted us to return to this moment" I tell him.

"Clearly, something happened he wants us to change" Hermione adds.