CHAPTER THIRTEEN

" what if we were sent here for a reason?"

"Sonya?"

"Thomas," She lowered her gun and made her way over to me. "I thought you were dead." She hugged me like her life depended on it.

The pack looked between them with confusion. Who was the girl? And why does Stiles care for her? Lydia was jealous and she didn't understand why. Maybe because Stiles replaced her, the whole pack, with these people who she doesn't even know.

"What did you do to your hair?" I asked once I saw her ginger hair. It used to be blonde.

"This is my original hair," She told me with a smile. Her smile was so contagious that I couldn't help but smile. "Also, my real name is Clary but you shanks can still call me Sonya," She told me as she looked at Minho and I.

"Thomas?" Another voice asked. I turned to the voice and let go of her, making my way towards him.

"Aris," I said and brought him into a hug. I laughed in joy once I saw Frypan and Harriet behind him. "Harriet," I said with a smile on my face, bringing her into a hug. Once I let go of her, I faced Frypan. But before I could even say anything, he cut me off.

"Greenie," He acknowledged me with a chuckle once he saw the face I gave him after he called me that.

"I'm no greenie anymore, Fry," I stated and used his nickname that I gave him.

"What the hell is a greenie? A green bean?" Scott asked with scrunched eyebrows. I laughed at him and so did the others.

"It not a green bean, shank," Frypan told him and patted me on the back. "How in the hell did you meet these shanks?" He asked me and I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"You don-" I stopped once I saw somebody that I was sure was dead. "W-Winston?" My voice cracked once I saw him. I swear to the gods that he died. He shot himself, didn't he?

"Thomas?" He asked me and then brought me into a hug. I was frozen in shock. He let me go when he realized that I wasn't hugging back.

"How-How are you-you alive?" I asked him, clearing my throat once I noticed that everybody was watching us.

"I don't know," He muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

"Hey! You sha-" Minho's voice stopped mid-sentence when he saw who I was talking to. "Winston? How in the shucking world are you alive?" He asked him and then brought Winston into a hug. "What happened?" Minho questioned.

"I don't know. All I remember was shooting myself," And at that, the pack gasped. "And then the next thing I know was waking up on the scorch," He told us. He then looked between Minho and I then looked around. "Where's Newt?" He asked us. My breathe hitched.

"Well, this stupid shank doesn't know where our mother hen is at," Minho said as he patted my shoulder.

"You don't know either," I said as I flicked him on the forehead. He glared at me as he rubbed his forehead. "We got a letter saying that he needed help and we came running. Then we got captured by Rat-man and here we are," I told him as I threw my hands up in the air.

"Wow, how much have I missed?" He asked us with wide eyes.

"We made it to the mountains," I told him and he gave us a smile. "Before that, we were running, a storm happened, Minho got hit by lightning. We ended up in a building with some people in it. We were hung upside down and the people called W.C.K.D. That's where we met Jorge and Brenda," I told him as I gestured to Brenda and Jorge who made their way to my side. "Brenda and I got separated from everybody else. We got chased by cranks. Brenda ended up bit," I said as I glanced at Brenda.

"We went on a long trip to the mountains. We got shot at by Sonya, Harriet and some other mountain people," I told him as I looked at Sonya who rolled her eyes at me. "When we got there, some lady took care of Brenda, make sure that she could live," I said and then I grew sad. "By nightfall, W.C.K.D came," I stated as his eyes grew wide in horror. "Theresa called them," I muttered.

"Theresa?" He asked and I nodded in confirmation. "I missed a lot," He stated, running a hand down his face.

"Yeah, you did."

"Why did you shoot yourself?" Scott asked Winston.

I glared at him. You shouldn't ask someone that.

"Because I was bit by a crank," He told him and then turned to me. "Do they know nothing and who are they anyway?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"We're Stiles best friends," Scott said with a smile but was cut short when Minho growled. Literally growled.

"His name is Thomas and he's my best friend," Minho told him and then grabbed my arm, pulling me closer to him.

"Possessive much?" I asked with a chuckle. "But anyway, yeah, Minho's right," I told Scott who frowned. When will he learn that i'm not his best friend anymore? "My name is Thomas and my best friends are Minho and Newt. My family consists of Jorge, Brenda, Sonya, Harriet, Aris, Frypan and Winston." I told the pack who all frowned at me.

"How do you even know them?" Asked Lydia who smirked.

"Well, we met Aris in the facility after we got out of the maze. He helped us figure out that Janson aka Rat man was W.C.K.D," I told them as I sent a smile to Aris. "I know Winston and Frypan from the glade aka the maze," I informed them. "We met Sonya and Harriet when they shot at us when we arrived at the mountains," I explained to her as her smirk was wiped off her face.

"Yeah, red head, he's our best friend." Frypan told her as he pointed at her with his finger. Lydia looked at me expectantly but I don't know why.

Lydia felt sad that Stiles didn't correct him. He used to correct people all the time when they messed up her hair color. When he didn't do anything, she flipped her hair and glared. "Strawberry blonde," She told Frypan.

"Whatever," He muttered with a grin on his face.

"Will you guys help us find Newt?" I asked Sonya and the rest of them.

"Of course we would," Sonya said, looking at me as if I had just offended her.

"Who do you think we are?" Harriet questioned.

"Newt ended up being a close friend," Aris started, nodding. "Count me in."

"Let's get going," I told them. "We are starting a long journey."