CHAPTER FOURTEEN

" if you fall seven times, stand up eight "

"Welcome to the maze," I announced, throwing my hands up in the air.

We have currently been walking for a few hours, running away from W.C.K.D. We were so out of breathe, but we kept going. We needed to find Newt before Rat-man or Ava does. I don't wanna imagine what they would do if they caught him. Do they even know if he's alive?

"Wow," The pack gasped in awe. How could someone build something like that?

"This is just the maze part, wait till you see the glade," Minho said, a proud smirk on his face. We were all surprised that it was even up and running especially since the last time that we were here, it was blown up into bits. Maybe they fixed it and maybe... just maybe.. their will be people in there, hopefully even Newt. But we have never been that lucky before, so he probably won't even be there.

"We gotta follow the maze," I told the pack and then turned to Minho. "Remember the routine?" I asked him with a smirk.

"I have nightmares about it," He told me and then a smirk grew on his face. "Do you remember it?" As I nodded at him, he took off running. The rest of us ran to catch up to him.

"Could've gave us a heads up!" I yelled at him, steadying my breathing. He looked at me with a smirk plastered on his face and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, roll those eyes," I said in a weird voice which made him chuckle at me.

"Come on guys! Don't give up on me now!" Minho yelled back to the pack who were slowing down. "Just a few more turns and we'll be in the maze," He informed them and I nodded in agreement.

"We can do it," I muttered under my breathe, knowing that the pack could hear me but I didn't care. "Please be here Newt, please," I begged under my breathe as we got to the opening of the maze.

But you wanna know what we saw?... right, nothing. All we saw was grass and trees, not even hammocks. It made me a little sad that all the trouble that we - they went through - was for nothing. Even if there were bad times here, it was still home to most of the gladers. "Well... this sucks!" I yelled out.

"Tommy–" Minho started but I shook my head at him.

"We should rest up, but this time, more than one person will be on watch. We don't want Rat-man catching us again," I explained to them as I leaned on a tree. "I can't believe i'll say this... but I miss the hammocks," I announced to them, a chuckle leaving my lips. "I also miss Frypans food," I said as I looked at Fry with a smirk on my face.

"Of course you do! My food is amazing!" He exclaimed, a chuckle leaving his lips as he leaned against a tree. The pack was standing up and looking at their surroundings.

"This is where you stayed?" Scott asked, looking at me with sad puppy eyes. I sighed and sat up straighter.

"I was only here a week," I told him, looking at Minho. "Before I came here... I helped W.C.K.D but after awhile, I knew what I was doing was wrong so I went against them," I explained to them. "They erased my memories and sent me here. When I arrived, I changed everything for everybody." At that moment, I grew sad. I looked to Minho with guilty eyes. "Maybe if I never showed up, maybe the others would be alive and... happy here," I said with a frown on my face.

"Oh, my god you shucking shank!" Minho yelled and then got up and walked towards me. When he got in front of me, he punched me in the face. I gasped and looked at him with wide eyes. "Stop blaming yourself! None of this shucking mess is your fault. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't got out of here. Maybe all of us would've died if you didn't show up!" He yelled in my face.

Right now, everybody was looking at us with wide eyes and their mouths opened in shock.

"So stop blaming yourself! For once, start thinking about the positive things that have happened since you showed up. I am - for one - am really glad you showed up because you're my best friend, my brother. Newt changed a lot when you showed up and not in the bad way. He was depressed before he met you. Did he tell you about when he tried killing himself?"

The others gasped in shock and sadness. I just nodded and looked down at the ground.

"Yes, he did," I simply stated, feelings tears pool in the corner of my eyes.

Minho lifted my head up and made me look at him in the eyes. I saw so many emotions in them.

"When you showed up, it was like you were the new light in the camp. You brought hope. You brought happiness. You brought strength. You brought a lot of things to the glad that wasn't there in a long time. That's one of the many reasons why Gally hated you. He wanted to stay here and he knew that the others wanted to leave, so he made you sound like a bad guy. But Thomas, you are not a bad guy."

I smiled at his words, tilting my head as I continued to listen to him rant.

"But, back to the subject, Newt became happier, brighter when you showed up. He smiled more. He laughed more. It was then that people started to believe you as the hope bringer," Minho explained to me, a smile growing on his face. "So, Tommy stop thinking badly about yourself!" He sighed, bringing me into a hug. I hugged him back, a couple of tears fell down my cheeks.

"This is why you're my best friend!" I exclaimed as I wiped the tears away. I looked up at everybody else and was tackled by a hug by Frypan and Winston. I laughed, wrapping my arms around them. "You guys feel the same way?" I asked them and they nodded in agreement, letting go and smiled at me.

"Uh–" Was all Scott let out. Lydia was down right sobbing, as if that was the sweetest and saddest thing she ever heard. Which, it kinda was.

"Thomas," Sonya said, gaining my attention. She smiled at me -- a sad smile. "We all love you, okay. I agree with Minho, stop blaming yourself," She told me, bringing me into a sisterly hug. When she let go of me, she kissed me on the cheek which made me blush. Even if I was in love with a certain blonde boy, that doesn't mean that Sonya wasn't hot.

"Love you, Sonya." I told her as I kissed her cheek.

Lydia - for some reason - felt this weird and new feeling in her stomach when she heard those words leave Stiles' mouth. She was pretty sure that it was jealousy but didn't understand where it came from. She never felt this way towards Stiles but seeing him with this... this girl made her mad.

"Love you too, Thomas," She said back to me and walked away to where Aris and Harriet was.

"You and Sonya?" Scott asked me with raised eyebrows.

"We're just best friends," I told him with a sigh. "Actually, more like brother and sister," I explained to him. He was about to say something else but I walked away. "Guys!" I hollered, gaining their attention. "Scott and Sonya can be on first watch. The rest of us will rest. We'll switch every two hours as we all need some rest," I told them all as I laid down on the ground, using my jacket as a pillow.

"Goodnight, Thomas," Minho said as the sun was setting. "Sorry for punching you."

"You're not sorry " I said with a playful smile on my face. He just smirked at me.

"You're right, I'm not sorry."

We just laughed at that, soon dozing off.