CHAPTER FIFTEEN

" I screamed so loud but no one heard a thing "

"Newt! Wait up!" Allison yelled out to the very determined British boy who was making his way to the mountains, without a break. "Newt!" That's when he turned around to face her and Theresa. "We need to rest," She panted out to him once Theresa and her caught up to him.

"There's no time to waste," He told them, turning back around and stomped his way through the sand. "Come on!"

"Newt!" Allison yelled out to him, which made him turn around and glare at her.

"We need to find Thomas and Minho!" He yelled out to her and almost turned around again but she stopped him before he could.

"I know you want - need - to find them. So do we. But we won't survive long enough if we don't take a break and relax." She turned around and gestured to Theresa who was sitting on the ground, tying to calm her erratic heart-beat and breathing. "See, we need a break." She turned back to Newt. "I know you love Thomas and Minho and that you need to find them. I get it, trust me. If my friends - my pack - were out here, I would be searching for them too. But going on like this," She paused to catch her breathe, "will kill us before we find them."

Newt looked at her and knew she was right. He was just killing them by pushing them like this. "I-I'm sorry." That's when he sat down and tears started to fall down his cheeks. Newt was never the one to show emotions, but he was scared that he put his friends - family - in danger. "I just need to find them. I don't want Tommy beating himself over 'killing' me. I-I just miss them."

"I know." Allison and Theresa hugged him. "I know you do." She wiped away his tears with the sleeve of her jacket. "I get it. I really do. I want to find my friends - my family - just as much as you do. But you can't kill you - us - in the process." She draped her arm over his shoulders. "Newt, I promise that we will find them."

"I know."

"Don't beat yourself up, Newt," Theresa told him, looking him in the eyes. "It's not your fault that you sent them here, all that matters is that we are alive. That they are alive. We'll get through this, like we always do, okay?"

"Okay." Newt sighed.

"Okay. Now let's rest."