The Lie

The guys walked in the lair and looked around.

"I wonder what Sensei and (y/n) are doing." Mikey said.

"Sleeping counting that it's 6 in the morning." Raph answered.

"I'll check on her." Leo said walking to your room.

He slowly opened your door. The lights were off and he saw her sleeping in her bed. He sat next to her.

"Hey sis. We're back from the surface." He said rubbing your back.

But it was too fluffy to be your back.

"(y/n)?" Leo asked.

He pulled the covers off and turned on the lights. He gasped. . .you were gone. He ran out of your room.

"(y/n)'s not here!" He panicked.

"What? How could she been gone?" Raph asked.

"I don't know." Leo answered.

"Uh guys?" Donnie said.

His brothers looked at him. Donnie held up his T-Phone. He was on the tracking app and there was a (f/c) blinking light in the city.

You were in self-mode in the shadows of the city. You looked around the city and watched as people walked by. You looked at your phone to see where your brothers were. They were no longer in the same spot.

"Wouldn't hurt to look around some more." You said to yourself.

From a distance, you saw a mother and a daughter spending time together watching a movie. The mother hugged the daughter and you frowned. Feeling some sort of lonely heartbreak of not having a mother.

"...I wish I had a mom." She said tearing up.

The mother and daughter smiled, laughed, and hugged. You turned away before you became a sobbing mess. You climbed to the top of a building and sat down on the edge. You hugged your knees and hid your face. You silently cried, wondering why you didn't have a mom.

You heard footsteps around you. You wiped your tears and looked up.

"Never thought you'd be here." Raph said.

"Raph?!? Ahh!" You slipped over the edge.

"(Y/n)!" Leo yelled grabbing you before you fell.

He set you down and your brothers looked at you. You looked up at the after wiping another tear.

"Why did you leave the lair? You know you're too young to leave the lair. Especially to go up to the surface or if we come with you." Leo said sternly.

"I was just worried about you guys." You softly said.

"There's no need to worry about us, (n/n)." Donnie replied.

Mikey noticed your watery, red, and slightly puffy eyes, "Sis have you been crying?"

The rest of her brothers' expressions softened in a worrying way. You stayed silent.

"(y/n)?" Donnie asked.

"Let's just go home." You said and walked home.

Your brothers looked at each other full of concern. When you all got home, you went straight to your room. Mikey tip toed to your door and put his head against the door. He heard your soft cries. He walked to the others.

"Dudes I'm really worried about (n/n)." He said.

"She's probably tired since she didn't sleep." Raph replied.

"No. She's crying." Mikey replied back.

Leo, Raph, and Donnie froze in their places and said, "Crying?"

All 4 turtles ran to their little sister's room. Leo slowly opened the door with his brothers peeking from behind him. The room was dark; only the light from the door opening lit the room. They saw you in your bed wrapped up in your covers facing towards the wall crying.

"(Y/n)?" Leo asked.

You stopped crying, "What?"

Your brothers walked in and sat around your bed.

"What's wrong?" Donnie asked, "Why are you crying?"

"No reason. . .it's just a breakdown." You lied.

"You don't just have a breakdown for no reason." Raph said, "What's the reason?"

You sat up and looked at your brothers with watery eyes, "Why don't I have a mom?"

Their eyes widened; they were not expecting that kind of question from you.

"What does it feel like to have a mother's love?" You asked, your voice cracking from crying.

"Um...guys let's go outside for a minute." Leo said.

They went outside and circled around in the kitchen.

Leo sighed, "I never thought she would ask that."

"That broke my heart dudes." Mikey frowned.

"We can't tell her the truth. She's only 10." Donnie whispered.

"Yeah we gotta think of something to tell her." Raph replied.

Leo scratched his chin to think, "I got it. Follow my lead."

They walked back in your room and saw you hugging your knees. They all sat around you.

"(N/n). Our mom. . .was killed when you were just a baby." Leo said.

You looked up at him, "Why? How? Who killed her?"

All 4 of them looked down, they had to say something.

"A sickness." Mikey answered.

"What sickness?" You asked.

"The Marburg virus." Raph answered.

"What's that?" You asked.

"The most deadly virus in the world. Mom was very sick and she just couldn't make it." Donnie answered.

You closed your eyes and let your tears flood from your eyes. Leo wiped your tears.

"But you have us and Sensei. And we love you so much." He said hugging her.

The rest of her brothers joined the hug. They hugged for 5 minutes.

"How bout I make you some cookies and milk?" Mikey asked.

You nodded in response. Your brothers smiled at you and left. They all sighed. They couldn't imagine how you would react if they told you the truth.