Chapter Twenty Five: Hospital Food Sucks, Thanks For The Donut

Shakira's POV

I slowly crack my eyes open. I hurt everywhere.

I look around and I realize I'm in a hospital room. I slowly raise a hand to my face and I rub my forehead.

I look around the room again. Luminescent is sleeping in a chair.

I force myself to sit up, no matter how much it pains me. I realize I have breathing tubes hooked up to me, as well as an IV. And a heart monitor. I groan inwardly. I take a big painful breath and I look around the plain room again.

I find a TV. The TV remote being on the table beside me. I slowly and painfully reach over and I grab the remote, turning the TV on.

I switch it to a kids channel, which happens to have a rerun of Kim Possible on. I smile and settle for watching that.

After the show ends Luminescent chuckles. "Cartoons?" He asks.

I blush. "Sorry. I miss Kim Possible on TV."

"Do you know how long you've been out?" Luminescent asks.

"No."

"Two days."

"What?"

"Mmhmm. Check the time."

For the first time I look at the clock. Eight twenty one.

"And what is today?" I ask.

"May ninth."

I sigh.

"Has anyone visited?"

"Lots of people. Your dad and brother have been here over and over. Jen too. A few school friends also came. I've been here the whole time." Luminescent explains.

"You have?" I ask.

"Yeah... Shakira why didn't you tell me you were Enchanting Magic? Now the whole world knows! Your on TV every where for goodness sake. First hero unmasked. It's on all the headlines of papers! And everyone is so worried for you! The hospital is only letting certain things about your well being go through to the papers."

"You won't tell me your secret identity, why should I tell you mine?" I shrug.

Luminescent sighs.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been ran over by a truck and then he got all his trucker friends to run over me." I say.

"I'll call in some nurses." Luminescent says.

I nod. Two nurses walk in after a couple minutes.

One hands me painkillers and the other helps me take them by letting me drink from a water bottle.

"You know, everyone thought you were dead." Says one as she starts fiddling with some machine at my side.

"The sound..." I shudder as I remember it.

"What sound?" A nurse asks.

"Nothing." I say shaking my head.

Luminescent narrows his eyes.

"We'll come in later with food." The one nurse says before leaving.

"Why did that sound do that to you?" Luminescent asks.

"Nightmare said that every super has something like that, something that weakens them, could be anything from a sound to a plant. I don't know how he knew mine, I didn't know it." I explain.

Luminescent nods. "Sounds like the first note in the sci-fi alarm on an iPhone played over and over." He says. I wince.

"I've always hated that noise... It throws me off." I shudder. (A/N I hate that noise sooo much...)

"Can see why it's your weakness then."

"When can I go home?" I ask.

"When the doctors say you can. Shakira, you almost died." Luminescent says before a nurse walks in pushing a tray of food.

"Would you like me to feed you... Or would you like Luminescent to?" The nurse asks.

"I'll do it." Luminescent says. The nurse nods and walks out.

"I can feed myself." I inform Luminescent.

"Ha ha, vey funny Shakira, no you can't." Luminescent says.

I refuse to eat any one the disgusting hospital food besides the banana and drinking the chocolate milk. And it's all frustrating Luminescent quite a bit.

After a while he sighs and gives up. I smirk in satisfaction.

All of a sudden the rest of the TSS team burst through the door, rather loudly, causing me to wince.

"Don't be so loud idiots." Luminescent hisses.

"Shay! You're awake!" Shock smiles. I smile weakly back.

"Do you need help with that?" Power asks pointing to the food.

I shake my head no. "I don't want it, I hate hospital food." I say, finally realizing how weak my voice sounds, especially compared to theirs. Slowly, I focus on lifting a fruit cup that's on the tray. It's hovers and shakes before I gasp and drop it, clutching my head in pain.

"Shakira!" Luminescent exclaims. "Shakira, if Nightmare did that to you, don't you think it'll be a while before you can fluently use your powers again?"

I sigh. "You're probably right."

"Hey! I know what'll cheer you up." Dynamite smiles. He holds up a Tim Hortons bag and takes out a chocolate glazed donut, I laugh weakly and smile.

He helps me eat it, to Luminescent's dismay. Black Dream who is normally silent hands me a book.

"Thought you might like something to read in your time here." He says.

"Thanks Dream." I smile.

"No problem Shakira." Dream smiles.

A nurse walks in a she scowls at the boys. "Poor Shakira won't get any rest with you all in here!" Then she glances at the food and sighs. "Shakira, why didn't you eat anything?"

"I did. I had the banana." I point out.

"Shakira that's not enough." The nurse informs.

"One, I do not care. Two, I'm not hungry." I say.

"You've barely eaten for two days! How are you not hungry?" The nurse asks.

I shrug. I have no idea.

"I'll have to tell the doctor..." She mumbles. Then she speaks up. "You boys better be quiet and if Shakira needs anything you do so." Then she leaves.

"I hate the damn hospital." I say after she leaves.

"I noticed." Rock laughs.

"We do have to go soon Shakira." Selcouth says.

"Yeah... Sorry we couldn't stay longer." Power says.

"No problem, go have a life, don't baby me like Lummy does." I say.

"Lummy?" Dynamite laughs.

"That's the jerks nickname." I say, pointing to Luminescent.

"I love it." Shock laughs.

"I know, it's amazing." I say. I find myself yawning so I push myself into a laying down position and curl up on my side. "Night boys." I whisper and within seconds I fall asleep.