VI : The End Is Always The Start

You fumbled with the gown the nurse provided you for the surgery, thinking about every way this could go wrong.

What if you wake up back in your original world?

Your eyes scanned the sheets covering your legs until a soft knock forces you out of your negative thoughts and your (e/c) gaze falls on a blonde teen, standing in the doorway to your room.

"Nervous?" He asks, holding back a grin.

"Still hyped about me getting on the squad?" You sassed back, causing him to smirk.

"Can you blame me? You sound awesome." He shrugged, stepping into the room. "But seriously, about the surgery. It's gonna be fine. You can't die from it." He assured.

"What if my body rejects the kakuja?" You asked. Your nervousness would still remain, unless he can also guarantee that you won't get sent back to the dull world you come from.

He shrugs. "Dunno, ask the surgeons."

"Ah, yes. Thank you for helping with the nervousness, Shirazu." You sarcastically said, causing the male to get flustered.

"W-wait, I didn't mean to make it sound bad! I just don't know because it never happened!" He quickly said.

"It's fine, I was just joking," You waved him off. "I appreciate you coming here to try and help me."

"No problem..." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, messing up his blonde hair. "Sassan said we should make you feel welcomed, especially since you're super inexperienced. Not that you suck, you did hit Torso after all!"

"That's right," You nodded. "I hit the bastard when even both you and Urie couldn't land a blow on him."

"Don't make me feel like shit." He chuckled. "I'm sorry you got pulled into this whole thing so quickly, though." He added apologetically. "You had a future and all..."

"Eh," You shrugged. "I'm a bit sad about not being able to swim competitively anymore, but at least I'll use my coordination for something else. I have to consider myself lucky to get a career this early in my life."

"True." Ginshi nodded, awkwardly shuffling. "Anyways, I just came by for a while since the surgeons should be here soon." He nodded back at the door where a doctor and two nurses waited for him to wrap up his visit. "Good luck. Next time I see you, you won't be human anymore." He joked before waving and leaving the room.

What a considerate guy. You're surprised Haise didn't send Mutsuki with him, though...

"Are you ready, (Y/N)?" Doctor White asked, wheeling in a machine in which you assumed they kept the gas to knock you out with...

"As ready as I can be, doctor." You nodded as one of the nurses put a mask connected to the machine on your face.

"I want you to count down from thirty." The nurse said, fastening the straps on your face. "You won't make it to one, but it's just to get you asleep faster without using too much gas." He added.

You simply nodded.

By the time you muttered out twenty two, your vision went black and all feelings in your body disappeared, nervousness included.

"And this, is what the quinx call the Chateau." Haise said, waving at a huge, three story house.

It was good to finally be out of the hospital and you were eternally grateful that Haise had you walk back to your new home, because you were in dire need of any kind of physical activity.

"This is huge!" You commented as Haise lead you to the front door, smiling.

"Welcome home, (Y/N)." He spoke, opening the door and letting you walk into the house you never would have thought you'd walk into. "And don't worry about your belongings, your parents moved the essentials to your room."