XXV : Love(d)

A/N: Can't believe the reader's squad all wishes they were dead but I mean at this point it would be much better, wouldn't it? *Evil wink*

The slam of the front door caused Shirazu to jump up from his sitting position on the couch. Turning towards his mentor, he nearly screamed. "Anything yet?"

Urie glanced towards Shirazu before setting his gaze on the half-ghoul, hoping to finally get a positive answer. Haise only sighed, watching with sorrow as Ginshi fell back heavily on the couch, burying his face in his hands, taking deep but shaky breaths.

"Great." He muttered. "This is all my fault. If I hadn't gotten so fucking drunk, I would have known better than to let Saiko send them out there all alone when there are fucked up ghouls looking for quinxes like us..."

"It's not your fault, Shirazu." Haise said, walking over to the ukaku quinx to place a hand on his shoulder. "They probably would have found the both of you if you had gone with them and taken you as well. From the looks of the scene, and the knowledge we have on (Y/N)'s kagune, they were incredibly strong..."

"Still, I... If only I hadn't gotten drunk, they'd still be here..."

"You can't blame this on yourself, Shiragin." Saiko commented, walking into the room and frowning at the scene. She had figured you still hadn't been found, from the looks of it.

"I don't know if it helps, but... The ghoul who we think took them was Jason." Sasaki informed, causing both Ginshi and Urie to look at him in disbelief.

"Jason?!" The blonde man exclaimed. "It doesn't help, Sassan! The CCG knows what that twisted bastard does to people, and he... He's got... (Y/N)." Shirazu shut his mouth, a wave of nausea crashing down on him at the possibilities it implied. The odds of finding you alive and well were already pretty low, but now they were at 0%. If you had been caught by Jason, the odds that you were alive at all  were extremely low, too.

Ginshi thickly swallowed, trying his best to not cry right there and then (although he knew his colleagues could still hear him when he was in his room, at least he could pretend that they didn't know). He was really trying to see the positive side in what Haise just told him, but he simply couldn't. Okay, yeah, it meant that you were with Aogiri and it made things a bit simpler, but that fact gets shadowed by the fact that right now, you probably were suffering like hell, being pushed to the very limits, every hour of every day. Right now, even if he knew it was bad to think of it, Ginshi wished you were dead, just so you didn't have to suffer anymore (he knows he'll regret that statement when you do  turn up dead, though).

"No news of (Y/N) yet?" Mutsuki asked, walking into the room with a concerned expression on his face.

Haise shook his head. "Not any positive news. The only clue we have is that they might have been taken by Jason. The kagune remains have a positive match to him." At that, Mutsuki's expression considerably darkened before he closed his eyes and sighed.

"I miss them." He admitted, Saiko soon nodding, seconding the green haired boy's statement. Tooru shivered before adding something else. "I know it's super bad to say this, but... I hope they've passed already so that they didn't have to suffer too much..."

The male readied himself to be scolded, yelled at for saying such things, but none of that happened. Curiously, he re-opened his eyes, the pale olive green orbs settling on Shirazu, softening once he noticed the single tear that left the sharp toothed male's right eye.

"I... I really hope so too." He muttered before Saiko tackled him in a hug.

"We should stop trying to jinx ourselves and look for Aogiri." Urie proposed. "(Y/N)'s strong. They'll survive and we'll get them back."