Prologue

My name is Kalina Petrova. I'm the twin sister of Katerina and we've been best friends since birth. I followed her to England after she was banished and we've been through a lot. We separated paths in 1864 after almost getting trapped in the tomb under Fell's Church. We figured Klaus couldn't get to us both separated but promised to always come to help each other when called for. 

Fortunately and unfortunately I ran into Klaus in the 1910s in New Orleans, not realising that the Originals basically ruled there. But After Mikael tried to kill Niklaus in 1919, I risked my own life to save him and the rest of his family, which resulted in Klaus forgiving me for running away in 1492. I stayed with the Originals for a little bit but separated in Chicago. 

The only thing I've regretted so far in my life was falling in love with a certain original. Elijah Mikaelson. I was so stupid and naive, falling for him twice. God but I know no matter how much I hate him, I still love him deep down. 

I've been travelling around Europe, Asia and America for the past century, residing in New York at the moment. My life has been pretty until a particular day when I got a phone call from Katerina.