Part 23

Bek and I finally arrive at the location Damon provided for us but once the elevator opened, no one was there "Damon?" "Damon, where are you?" We walk down the warehouse but Damon's nowhere in sight "Damon, this isn't funny. Da..." We both get pulled into one of the storage rooms and realise Damon's covering our mouths with a scared look on his face. "Shh" He pulls away and we see the coffin. I mouth at them "Let's go" We grab coffin and quickly make our way to the car Damon bought. We're almost outside when Alaric suddenly appears. "Hello" He quickly pulls Bek off and slams her against the car. He kicks Damon to the floor and starts to choke me "Ahhh Kalina. Esther did say you'd be a problem" I try to kick him, but he just throws me onto the floor. I pick myself up, but Alaric already plunged the stake through Klaus's heart. Both Bek and I scream out "No! Don't! No!" Klaus's body catches on fire as Damon holds Bekah back from going to stop him. He pulls out the stake and closes the coffin, turning to Bekah "Next" No. Bekah, run!" I quickly attack Alaric, not wanting Bek to die as well, but he quickly overpowers me and plunges the stake right near my heart "You know I can kill you with this as well, but I want you to suffer" he pulls it out and aims for my heart when Damon pushes him off and Bekah takes hold of me "Rebekah, Karline, run. Run!" With that Bekah takes me and rushes out of the warehouse, tears streaming down both our faces.

"What happened" I open my eyes to see Elijah walking towards us, I realised I was still in Rebekah's arms, not fully healed due to running the whole time. "He's gone, Elijah. There was nothing we could do to stop it." I collapse into Elijah's arm, still healing "Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived." "I thought Klaus turned their bloodline" "I thought he did. It wasn't me nor Kol." "It wasn't me, Elijah. It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it." "I turned to them confused "Wait, Nik turned my bloodline. I should've died during our trip back here" Elijah looked at me confused "Then how are you still alive?" Elijah turns from confused to serious "All that aside, if Alaric's still alive we need to run. He's not going to stop until we're all dead." "And apparently Esther ordered him to kill me as well." I roll my eyes "I wonder why" "That means you're going to have to run as well" Elijah picks me up and starts to walk to his car "Rebekah are you coming?" "No" "Bekah come on." "I need to take care of something first. Anyways, it's best if we don't travel together. It'll take him longer to kill all of us" Knowing she's right I get out of Elijah's arms and run to her "Be safe. Call me once you get out of here" "Of course" I pull away and go back to Elijah, both of us getting into his car and heading off. "I can't believe he's gone Elijah" "I know love. Nothing makes sense, none of them should be alive. Niklaus must still be alive. That's the only explanation" "How though" "That's what we're going to figure out." Knowing our motive, Elijah continues to drive off into the distance.